Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I need to close all my GE cards for my health

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Think I need to close all my GE cards for my health

I'm not a patient person, and this BS credit solutions dept where the glorified CSR can't do **bleep** if your credit is not up to par, is freaking ridiculous. I really do think that my stress level would come down tremendously if I didn't keep these cards anymore (I have 5). The no cli thing has reached epic portions and I just don't think I can wait another 9 years to actually get one. (My bk falls off then). I stress all the time about them, they junk up my mailbox, and I'm tired of yelling at stupid ass credit solutions when they can't overturn anything..... What a joke!!!  (Sighs).... I seriously need to close all of them, they stress me out literally, don't need them for utilization, and I'd be happier I think, lol. Hell, even Comenity is giving me increases!!  

@Finstar.... I know you're surprised to see this post...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Think I need to close all my GE cards for my health

@pizza1 wrote:

I'm not a patient person, and this BS credit solutions dept where the glorified CSR can't do **bleep** if your credit is not up to par, is freaking ridiculous. I really do think that my stress level would come down tremendously if I didn't keep these cards anymore (I have 5). The no cli thing has reached epic portions and I just don't think I can wait another 9 years to actually get one. (My bk falls off then). I stress all the time about them, they junk up my mailbox, and I'm tired of yelling at stupid ass credit solutions when they can't overturn anything..... What a joke!!!  (Sighs).... I seriously need to close all of them, they stress me out literally, don't need them for utilization, and I'd be happier I think, lol. Hell, even Comenity is giving me increases!!  

@FinStar.... I know you're surprised to see this post...

Oh, Pizza.  Smiley Happy  If that is what is best for you, do what is best.  OR -- I AM JUST SAYING -- take a step back and just wait a while.  I am sure you will get CLIs.  It will just take TIME.  Maybe a lot, but maybe less than you think.  Be strong, Pizza! 

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 2 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I've been moved to Smorgs so this post won't get much attention...... What a surprise! 

Message 3 of 5
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

If they aren't working for you, close them or cut em and forget em.

☮ & ❤
Message 4 of 5
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar.... I know you're surprised to see this post...

If they aren't working for you, then close them. For maximum FICO scoring you only need 3 open accounts, and you have that with NFCU, Barlcays, and Cap One. They are not necessary at this point so if they want to play hardball then kick them the hell out of your card wallet! Smiley Happy

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.