cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Relocating to Austin UPDATE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking of Relocating to Austin UPDATE!!!

I got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not the first one I applied for...But a few days after hearing the first company decided to pass a new company came along that was a much better opportunity.

As I always say everything happens for a reason!

I start August 11th!!  Now I just have to figure out how to load up my belongings and move East!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thinking of Relocating to Austin UPDATE!!!

Congrats!!
Message 2 of 13
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

1111mel wrote:
I got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not the first one I applied for...But a few days after hearing the first company decided to pass a new company came along that was a much better opportunity.

I start August 11th!!  Now I just have to figure out how to load up my belongings and move East!

Congrats! You're going to love Austin.
Message 3 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Mel.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!!!! I just got home from vacation today and have 4 weeks to find a new apartment, a moving company and new insurance (my current insurance carrier doesn't write in TX)

Oh My! The stress is on!
Message 5 of 13
marty56
Super Contributor

State Farm has been good to me here in San Antonio.  I have my home insurance with them too.  In the past the didnt drop me for driving do-overs or boost my rate.  When I lived in an apartment, I had renters insrunace with them.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

1111mel wrote:

Congrats! I went to school in Austin two decades ago and had a blast. It was a wonderful place for food, music and nature. I hope this hasn't changed much. Good Luck
Message 7 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I heard Austin is a beautiful city. I was contemplating looking for work out there a couple months ago since software development and game programming is huge there.

Let me know how it is!
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi FretlessMayhem!! (I hope I spelled that right!)

I work in Insurance and the accounts I will be working on are "technology" accounts...apparently they are still booming in Austin and the #1 revenue maker. As you know IBM has their headquarters there....

Will definitely keep you in the loop! Austin Rocks!
Message 9 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi FretlessMayhem!! (I hope I spelled that right!)

I work in Insurance and the accounts I will be working on are "technology" accounts...apparently they are still booming in Austin and the #1 revenue maker. As you know IBM has their headquarters there....

Will definitely keep you in the loop! Austin Rocks!

I am completely envious of your outstanding FICO scores. Smiley Happy
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.