Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This card sure is ugly.

tag
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Re: This card sure is ugly.

Delta Skymiles and CapOne QS1 are both also pretty ugly IMO.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

Whoever decided a PowerPoint Gradient color scheme was a good idea for a credit card needs to be fired immediately and barred from ever creating another monstrosity ever again. 

ETA: Probably the same person who was fired at Capital One for designing the old Venture One.

Like many things in life, whether you are doing a speaking engagement or writing a document for a CEO, know your audience.  The NRA are more often comprised of "A to B" type of people and will gladly swipe that card in the name of supporting the NRA regardless of looks. 

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that's a fair assessment MissingCalifornia.

I also imagine there is a decent number of people who would think that card looks ugly regardless of how it looks.

In all seriousness though, it's not difficult to come up with an esthetically pleasing design. They totally missed the mark on that one...no pun intended.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang that's fugly
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure fits the reputation of the NRA, eh? Smiley Tongue
(I'm joking, don't start a flame war)
Message 15 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I think the ugliest card I've personally seen is the old design of USAA's debit card:

USAA Debit.jpg

Thankfully the new design is much better (solid blue).

Message 16 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

As a reminder, the thread topic concerns the aesthetics of a cobranded card.  Specific discussions regarding ideology are beyond the scope of the Forums. 

Five Things We Don't Talk About

Thank you for having a respectful discussion!  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 23
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

Whoever decided a PowerPoint Gradient color scheme was a good idea for a credit card needs to be fired immediately and barred from ever creating another monstrosity ever again. 

ETA: Probably the same person who was fired at Capital One for designing the old Venture One.

The person that designed this NRA visa should be shot! No pun intended...

It looks like one of those cheap card board promo cards you receive in the mail that get immediately tossed out. 

I didn't mind the look of the Cap1 Venture card. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 23
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Ugly cards.. Both my CU cards ... Both debit and credit cards for Hanscom FCU (with EMV).. the original cards looked rather nice with a photo and logo. Now the  ATM card is green with a slight gradient and a poorly sized logo in white and worse yet, is the credit card, GREY with a poor embossing of the logo... Both their original Debit and Credit cards actually looked nice... These look like they were just picked out of Elan's catalog..  Also MIT cards (NO EMV) were reissued without the photographs on them, but it looks like they hired a graphic artist at least to stylize their card.. Still butt ugly compared to their photo cards with a picture of the dome, and a burgendy/maroon background

Message 19 of 23
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I think the ugliest card in circulation is the Primor card

card_p1_large.png

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.