Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs down button!!!

tag
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Thumbs down button!!!

I think a thumbs down or disagree button should be an option, just like there is a kudos button. I've come across a few posts that could really use one Smiley Happy 

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thumbs down button!!!

Not sure what that would really accomplish other than possibly prevent new people from posting due to fear of being shamed by others.

If I read a post I don't agree with, it usually boils down to one of three options for me...

1. Ignore it and by being silent, cast my vote of 'nerp..not gonna go there with you'  

2. Respond to the post asking for clarification, in hopes of better understanding what was intended as I may have misinterpreted what the poster was saying.

3. Disagree with it, but engage why I do so in a civil manner.

I feel a thumbs down button would potentially make this forum less interactive and informative and therefore would not use it even if I could on this post. Smiley Happy     

Message 2 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Time2letgo wrote:

I think a thumbs down or disagree button should be an option, just like there is a kudos button. I've come across a few posts that could really use one Smiley Happy 

That's not gonna happen.  Smiley Wink

The "kudos" feature on this site is a way to quickly acknowledge someone's post as helpful or otherwise positive. 

If you disagree with someone's idea or action you're more than welcome to discuss your opinion (in a friendly, supportive and respectful way, of course) but a summary 'downvote' would serve little purpose here.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Time2letgo wrote:

The "kudos" feature on this site is a way to quickly acknowledge someone's post as helpful or otherwise positive. 

If you disagree with someone's idea or action you're more than welcome to discuss your opinion (in a friendly, supportive and respectful way, of course) but a summary 'downvote' would serve little purpose here.

There are times where a poster may need help too. When you come to a new site sometimes you do not know the "how to" which may lead to a posting that could use help. Other forums do not always take the time to assist someone. MyFico offers the opportunity to help people understand their needs and even how to more clearly post something. A poster friendly environment "safe" if you will is needed. Too many forums have those who eat the new fish alive. Not my kind of forum. Some of us even inject some humor to keep the mood more light hearted as it can get pretty serious around here.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bet someone could write an extension for Google Chrome to add a "thumbs down" button to posts on any website!

Actually, for years I thought about adding a "add hidden messages" extension for Chrome -- it would let you append hidden messages, photos, emoji to any particular post on any site (including Facebook) that only other users of the extension could use.  Never looked into the feasability of writing something like that, but would be kinda cool to have a secret club, haha.

Message 5 of 11
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Time2letgo wrote:

There are times where a poster may need help too. When you come to a new site sometimes you do not know the "how to" which may lead to a posting that could use help. Other forums do not always take the time to assist someone. MyFico offers the opportunity to help people understand their needs and even how to more clearly post something. A poster friendly environment "safe" if you will is needed. Too many forums have those who eat the new fish alive. Not my kind of forum. Some of us even inject some humor to keep the mood more light hearted as it can get pretty serious around here.

Some of the posts on here are extremely brutal and blatantly judemental of people seeking knowledge and advice and those are the posts that would earn my thumbs down.    

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 6 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Time2letgo wrote:

Some of the posts on here are extremely brutal and blatantly judemental of people seeking knowledge and advice and those are the posts that would earn my thumbs down.    

Any post that doesn't meet our community standards should be pointed out to a moderator. This can be done via the 'Report Inappropriate Content' option that's on every post.

It's fine (and normal) to have different opinions about things and people sometimes get advice they might disagree with, but anything 'extremely brutal' or 'blatantly judgemental' is dealt with promptly when brought to our attention.

Message 7 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

May I offer a compromise where we could subtract Kudos so they could be negative like on Stackoverflow for example.  It is still a Kudo.  Perhaps we could do something with the font size or color to soften the blow.

As we say in Texas, some things just need killin. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@marty56 wrote:

May I offer a compromise where we could subtract Kudos so they could be negative like on Stackoverflow for example.  It is still a Kudo.  Perhaps we could do something with the font size or color to soften the blow.

As we say in Texas, some things just need killin. 

That would discourage dissenting opinions, which have just as much right to be stated as the "popular" opinions.

The TOS provides guidance for what's permitted and what's not, and the FSR policy provides guidance on forum etiquette.  If something comes along that goes against these and truly "needs killin" you can rest assured the moderators can and will handle it with an efficiency that would make a Texan proud.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Time2letgo wrote:

That's insane. Though it would be funny to see how many thumbs down hits this particular post would get. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.