Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tina Fey + AMEX

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Tina Fey + AMEX

So if anyone has watched the Amex Everyday card commercial with Tina Fey. i cant help but laugh everytime because when she swipes the card, the strip is on the outside of the machine. So clearly she isnt charging the card. Makes me wonder does she even use CC's, did Amex just pay her?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: Tina Fey + AMEX

@Skye12329 wrote:

So if anyone has watched the Amex Everyday card commercial with Tina Fey. i cant help but laugh everytime because when she swipes the card, the strip is on the outside of the machine. So clearly she isnt charging the card. Makes me wonder does she even use CC's, did Amex just pay her?

LMAO - You mean this?

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 2 of 6
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Well you have to remember it's a commercial and not real footage of Tina Fey using the card, lol. From an advertising standpoint, they are trying to keep the Amex name visible while she "swipes" the card. I agree it's silly, and kind of annoying, but it's not the first CC commercial to do that. I've seen Chase commercials do the same thing. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

My guess is that most John/Jane Q Public types wouldn't even notice!  Only credit card afficionados would notice that!

Message 4 of 6
kingkai1990
Contributor

I noticed that. At first I was like, wait is the strip INVISIBLE?! Lol, I think they just wanted to show how cool it is. 

Message 5 of 6
IamB2
Established Contributor

Oh we get the point of advertising and not covering the brand name (in this case "American Express"), but still kind of funny.. Smiley Happy

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.