Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tipping on a bill

tag
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tipping on a bill

@ ssondubs that is some really good info. I never thought about it like that.
@ Marty I'm the same way now. I either place the cash in the waitress hand or I stay and watch to make sure she removes the tip from the table.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think each restaurant issue tips differently. I have even heard of some servers complain the company did not give them the full tip when someone left it with a credit card. But some give them the tips in cash at the end of their shift. I am mindful not to use my Barclay card when I pay because when the full transaction posts with the tip the original transaction still stays pending for a couple days. 

Message 12 of 13
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Paper receipts?  HUH???  Shaking my head!?!?!?

Do you guys not have eletronic hand held POS machines?  We use them on all of our restaurants and food deliverys in Canada.  I simply enter either a % or a tip amount into the machine, punch in my code and it makes the payment right at the table (or at my doorstep).   Its been ages since I've had to write the tip on the receipt or pay cash.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.