Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the Rebuilder's and 1 yr forum anniversary

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the Rebuilder's and 1 yr forum anniversary

Friday I'll be at COMICCON so I'll post this today.  It's my 1 yr anniversary of creating a forum account.  I made a resolution Jan 2015 to clean up my credit. I had a lot of crap.  2014 was one of my top 5 worst years ever.  I acrued a charge off, 3 utility collections and a 60 day late on an auto loan.  Prior to 2014, I had one credit card US Bank Cash for $500, 2 banks, US Bank and UsAA, and a long history of auto loans, one paid student loan on EX only. The 2014 tank sucked because of circumstance and ignorance.  I was in a horrid relationship and left with the battle scars of bad credit. It's a true lifetime drama worthy read. 

Thanks to determination and this forum, I used the search bar like a woman possessed. I have made some issues as I feel I applied too much, but overall am doing quite well. I have NFCU, USAA, PenFed and DCU now.  The 60 day remains and one collection but all other negs are gone.  I have a multitude of positive trade lines now and recently cashed in on a free Sony headset because of using a credit card to AutoPay my cell phone bill. 

I have started a countdown timer for July 2017.  I shall dub July as my Credit month from this year forward. That's when I'll app Smiley Wink, close cards, CLI HP lines. I need to concentrate on school, work, and maintaining my new credit life.  Thank you forum.  I'm back in college as well matriculating my AS to a BA.  Life is better. 

Keep on rocking and thanks for the therapeutic post.

image.png

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.