cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax. Is it REALLY going to take that long for my refund??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Turbo tax. Is it REALLY going to take that long for my refund??

I filed on the 16th, and mine was direct deposited yesterday.
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

We still have not got our w-2's....and our daughter needs to get her FASA filled out!!! I also have a home tax credit this year so I hope they get here soon!!!
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw, my office manually distributes W-2's too.
Message 13 of 29
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
We still have not got our w-2's....and our daughter needs to get her FASA filled out!!! I also have a home tax credit this year so I hope they get here soon!!!

For FAFSA just choose, will file. Select the type and they will normally not ask for anything more but if they do, you can provide them the estimates based on her last pay stub of the year. Hope that helps, I know this works because I have done it and so have others. Good luck.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 14 of 29
marty56
Super Contributor

Just got mine yesterday by DD.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 15 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

@marty56 wrote:
Just got mine yesterday by DD.

Same here and it's gone already.  Paid off car loan and sent the remaining to Emigrant Savings.  

Message 16 of 29
Paxx
Contributor

I've been filing my taxes with Turbo Tax for about the last 5 years or so and always get it direct depoisted into my bank account. Turn around time is usually 2 weeks or so.  This year the wife and I bought a new house and filing for the 1st time buyers tax credit and because of the credit, we have to file via snail mail. Talk about brutal!  I'm not even going to start looking for my return until the 1st of March (it was just placed into the mail today). I figure it will take them at least 2 - 3 weeks to just get the paper work and get it assigned to someone to work.  Who know how long it takes for them to process once it hits someones desk. Another 2 - 3 weeks?

Ugh, I miss you already efile Smiley Sad

Message Edited by Paxx on 02-01-2010 11:21 AM
Message 17 of 29
demi
Established Contributor

Wow, did my Turbo on Friday, Jan 29th, state refund is already in my checking account...and its California to boot (didn't get till July last year). 

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 29
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@Guardian wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For FAFSA just choose, will file. Select the type and they will normally not ask for anything more but if they do, you can provide them the estimates based on her last pay stub of the year. Hope that helps, I know this works because I have done it and so have others. Good luck.

I am glad that the days of having to file FAFSAs are over but I also really appreciate having got into the habit of filing tax returns as early as possible! (We filed this past weekend - with TurboTax.)

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 19 of 29
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Math_Rocks wrote:

@Guardian wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am glad that the days of having to file FAFSAs are over but I also really appreciate having got into the habit of filing tax returns as early as possible! (We filed this past weekend - with TurboTax.)

I was an undergraduate before the FAFSA forms existed and every college had its own financial aid forms, which required all sorts of numbers my father did not yet know accurately.  I remember him complaing every year, "do they really expect me to have extrasensory perception about the future?!?!"

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.