Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Community Leader
Super Contributor

United introduces new CC & seating !

So after watching the video of that poor man being forcably removed off the United flight....I'm appalled. They weren't "overbooked", they needed to have 4 open spots for employees. They should have continued to up the ante when people weren't volunteering to take a different flight.

I will never fly United.  The poor man was a Doctor for Christ sake, and kept saying over and over , he needed to be at the hospital the next morning.  I hope he  sues the *%##+% out them and ends up owning the company. 

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's)---> 07/2017 FICO- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor

Re: United introduces new CC & seating !

pizza1 wrote:

So after watching the video of that poor man being forcably removed off the United flight....I'm appalled. They weren't "overbooked", they needed to have 4 open spots for employees. They should have continued to up the ante when people weren't volunteering to take a different flight.

I will never fly United.  The poor man was a Doctor for Christ sake, and kept saying over and over , he needed to be at the hospital the next morning.  I hope he  sues the *%##+% out them and ends up owning the company. 

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

I agree... and I was actually considering the United card as a future prospect since Chase has been good to me, but Delta is starting to appeal to me more for some reason.

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($1K), Discover ($11K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa ($5500), Chase CSP ($9K), FCB/Elan MC ($5K), Buckle ($1300), BofA AAA Rewards ($12K)
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, he wouldn't win a case if he sued. Carriers have T+C that allow them to remove passengers for any reason. When they asked him to leave and he refused, they can say he is a flight risk to forcibly remove him.

Now should he have been removed? Absolutely not! If United needed those seats, the price should have kept going up until someone accepted. And since it was for employees, find other flights (that are later) for them. Since they oversold, it should be FILO (I'm in my seat, your employee isn't, guess who stays...). Or stop overselling. This and the Leggings issue (yes there was a dress code for the non-rev passenger, but they handled it poorly) make me want to avoid United. And American tends to be the pricest of the three internationally (fairly competitive domestically). So that leaves Delta for international and maybe domestic and Southwest for domestic (no bag fees add up to usually being cheaper).
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

pizza1 sure appreciate your bringing to the Myficoer's the newest in travel cards. WOW! Never knew you could have so much fun fighting for a seat ;(  Yes, your post definitely is in need of Kudos Smiley Happy For my part ... this is one of the best posts I have ever read anywhere!!!

Starting Score: 824
Current Score: 829
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pizza1....Is that card under 5/24....I'd take a beating to get that card...but I'm over 5/24 I think.

EDIT>>> I wish we could give you kudo's for this Pizza1...So I added this to say kudos for this one Pizza1. They need to make kudos possible in smorgasboard.

TU fico08=820 8/25/17
EX fico08=812 9/05/17
EQ fico08=817 8/25/17
Garden since 4/5/2017
Established Contributor

I have this card and noticed it wasn't reporting properly on any of the CRAs -- I never make payments EVER and it wasn't showing any lates so I disputed it and United EO called me up and told me to punch myself in the face 3 times.  So I did (bloody nose, chipped tooth) and now the CRAs are still showing incorrectly (no lates, no charge-off).  I'm also over my CL.

My question is should I call and ask for a CLD or will they give me one automatically at the 7 month mark?  I hit the "H8" button to request a CLD but instead they raised my CL by $50,000 again.

Smiley Sad

New Contributor

This made my day. Smiley Happy

Amex BCP | NFCU GoRewards | Fidelity Rewards | Capital One Quicksilver | FNBO TravElite | Discover IT
Closing in 2018 = Barclay Arrival
FICO 08 as of Sep 2017 - EX766, EQ764, TU757
Regular Contributor

United Airlines: Where you board as a doctor and leave as a patient!

Scores: 745 TU (Barclay), 743 EX (Fico8)

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (9k)
Valued Contributor

Hey, I just saw where United has recieved a contract from the USA to forcibly remove Assad from Syria.

TU fico08=820 8/25/17
EX fico08=812 9/05/17
EQ fico08=817 8/25/17
Garden since 4/5/2017
Valued Contributor

I love the meme!

I will never fly United. I would take a Greyhound before I set foot on that airline.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.