Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using your tax refund for....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using your tax refund for....

My tax refund was less than a thousand, and it all went toward paying down credit card debt.
Message 41 of 46
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Self employed.  Never pay, never get money back . . . except for the state of Georgia.  Funny thing, even though I pay no Fed. or State taxes, Georgia sends me a check each year for exactly seventeen dollars.  Think it has to do with an age thing.

This year I plan to pay off my Chase card (I owe $12.81) and book a cruise with the difference . . . . Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm am anxiously awaiting for federal to be deposited tomorrow so i can pay off my car finally. The rest will be going into savings.

Message 43 of 46
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm am anxiously awaiting for federal to be deposited tomorrow so i can pay off my car finally. The rest will be going into savings.

Great, that's exactly what I've done with my taxes.  

Message 44 of 46
brother7
Established Contributor

My refund is going towards fully funding my Roth IRA.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 45 of 46
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I'll be putting all of it in my Citi Personal Wealth Management Account. Don't need the $2.2k for anything right now, so might as well put it where it'll get better returns. Smiley Happy
Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.