Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa/MasterCard acceptable CC images

tag
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Visa/MasterCard acceptable CC images

Hey everyone, great forum!

I was wondering if anyone has used custom images for their VISA or MC. I've read the acceptable terms, but wanted to make sure things like album art or classic paintings are permissible. Anyone who's customized the look of a card I'd love to get feedback on your experience with the image approval.
AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa/MasterCard acceptable CC images

@Tuxedo77 wrote:
Hey everyone, great forum!

I was wondering if anyone has used custom images for their VISA or MC. I've read the acceptable terms, but wanted to make sure things like album art or classic paintings are permissible. Anyone who's customized the look of a card I'd love to get feedback on your experience with the image approval.

If it's not copyrighted and meets the terms/conditions of submission, I don't see where there would be a problem.  Many images are public domain.  Album art may be copyrighted, so you may want to check the album jacket to make sure.

Message 2 of 12
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Thanks for the reply thom.....btw, what kind of AMEX is that in your signature? Never saw that one before....looks groovy though
AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I customized both of my cards with Capital One.  I do photography as a hobby, so both my cards feature images I've taken myself.  The equipment I had at the time was proffesional level, so I was worried Capital One might come back and say the images are copyrighted.  They're right however they're copyrighted by me lol.  I had no issues with either getting approved.  

Before I submitted the images to Capital One, I tried with First Premier, of course they came back saying the images are copyrighted.  I'm kinda glad they didn't approve it so they couldn't charge me fees for customizing my card.  As far as I could tell with both cards they're no appeal process to say, yes they're are copyrighted but it's my copyright.  

Which company are you trying with?

Oz

Message 4 of 12
Tuxedo77
Contributor

^^^^the blue and whit one^^^^
Message 5 of 12
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@OZ, I'm trying an image with my Credit Union VISA, and Cap One
Message 6 of 12
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I've customized most of my Cap1 cards, my dog, my family, and a custom logo a friend of mine generated for me. No issues whatsoever

Message 7 of 12
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

I've customized my card with Cap One. I used a picture I took during a vacation in New Orleans, it's of a sign that says "Bourbon St" covered in marti gras beads. It looks great.

Fast forward few years later and my card got a bit worn, I figured I'd replace it and maybe crop the picture slightyly differently. So I send in the exact same picture, but get denied. Reason given is an overly broad comment that pictures can't "glorify drug or alcohol use". Huh? But then when I just asked for a replacement card, they sent me the same one,with the same picture.

So I guess YMMV?

Message 8 of 12
Luscher
Valued Contributor

tuxedo his amex cards are zync and clear i believe. both of those cards are discontinued and no longer offered to the public.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 9 of 12
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Tuxedo77 wrote:
Thanks for the reply thom.....btw, what kind of AMEX is that in your signature? Never saw that one before....looks groovy though

The one in the middle?  That's the "phantom" card...AMEX Clear !

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.