Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature Hertz Benefit

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

Visa Signature Hertz Benefit

Hello

I just got my CSP (yay) and anyhow, I'm booking a trip for late this month.  I saw on the Visa Signature website they have a "Double Upgrade" bonus that my rental period will qualify for (well, this could just be a Visa benefit).  So, an Economy would be upgraded to Full Size, based on availability, etc.  Has anyone taken advantage of one of these kind of promos?  How does it work?  My booking is for the Economy, but then when I actually get to the rental office at destination airport I say "Hey, I booked this and here's my receipt with applied code, etc.  and I want a full size car now!"?  That seems kind of lame like they can say "Oh, no Full Size is available so sorry". 

Sorry, I don't travel too often where I'm making my own arrangements so yeah.  

Oh, and quick side question, the rental company picks up the primary liabliity coverage (in most states) since I don't have personal vehicle liability insurance (no car), right?  Then the CSP picks up the supplemental damage?  

Just making sure.  K thanks! 

Thanks 

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Visa Signature Hertz Benefit

Basically you enter the code and the price of the full size becomes the price of the economy, hence the double upgrade. So you book a full size right there. 

Message 2 of 3
nj23
Regular Contributor

Re: Visa Signature Hertz Benefit

Ok Thanks. 

I ended up just booking the car through SW's Rapid Rewards so I can double dip (CSP 2x + Rapid Rewards points). Smiley Happy

Thanks though.  

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.