Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail/Answering Machine Messages

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Voicemail/Answering Machine Messages

This is so frustrating to us. Of course, my 14 and nearly 16 y.o. sons love to answer the phone and mess with them. It just gets really old getting all of these stupid calls. Matt, you might be on to something. LOL.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 33
MattH
Senior Contributor

According to this NPR story, Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue was declared dead from a heroin overdose, then woke up, left the hospital, and changed his answering machine to say, "Hey, it's Nikki. I'm not here because I'm dead."

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 32 of 33
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

The next time he called I jokingly told him, "Thank God, I'm so glad you called...I was worried, I hadn't heard from you!"  He laughed like mad.  To make a long story short, it still happens occasionally, we sometimes chat for a minute or so, and he's just sent me a new customer...the guy he's been trying to call when he dials me by mistake!

Just kinda funny how things work sometimes.

Here's one a bit off-topic, but your story made me think of it. A few years back, me and a friend Billy, decided to prank our other friend, Louis, who was desperately trying to get a job. Billy told me he (Louis) had an application in at Friendly's and was hoping they'd call him for an interview. Louis didn't know my phone voice at all, and I hadn't talked to him in awhile so we decided I would call Louis and pose as a mgr from Friendly's and schedule an interview. He bought it hook, line, and sinker - "Why don't you come in tomorrow morning at 10 for an interview Louis..." Here's the punchline - they hired him when he showed up for his fake interview!!! Smiley Happy This made the prank even more funny to us and we never told him the difference until some years later... LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.