Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was your return delayed?

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Was your return delayed?

The "wheres my refund" link on irs.gov has changed my date from the 21st to the 22nd to the 27th!

They just changed it to the 27th sometime between lastnight and this morning. I hope they have just thrown the 27th out there as a "just in case". I know the 27th is Monday and thats not THAT long of a wait, but nothing would make me happier than to get it tomorrowSmiley Happy

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Was your return delayed?

Did you use turbo tax? My sister did and got her's 1 day before the date they claimed.  I used HRblock and got it right on the date the IRS website says.

I bet you'll get it on Saturday - but be sure and check your account late as well because that's when my sisters went in. Later in the day on Saturday.

Message 2 of 13
FrugalRican
Blogger

I got mine 8 days after I had sent mine in. It was right on time. Federal came first on a Friday, State came on the following Monday.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 13
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I used TaxAct...I didnt get it todayRobot Sad- Im still hopeful for tomorrow and LATEST Monday...

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 13
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

I filed through TurboTax and mine was delayed for a week beyond the anticipated date.  State came in within a week, but Federal took over 2 weeks

Message 5 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

We got ours a day before they said we would.

Message 6 of 13
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Still waiting...hoping for the midnight deposit!Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did my Federal thru my CU (Free) and received my return about 1 week later.

And I owe 17 to the State AGAIN?!?!?!?!?

How is it that I paid close to 2K to the State and still owe?????????????????????????????????????

Last year I paid like 1400 to the State and owed 18 and this year I paid the State almost 2K and still owe, what a bunch of ripoffs!!!!

Give ME some $$ will ya!

Message 8 of 13
frogfan12
Established Contributor

My expected date is the 20th and I hope that they come through. I have bills to pay!

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 9 of 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Nope, my refund wasn't delayed, but the IRS will be waiting on their refund until mid-April =)

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.