Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was your return delayed?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Was your return delayed?

I filed electronically on 3/7. Return accepted the next day. Federal refund is scheduled for the 27th. I have to pay $$$ for state.

Message 11 of 13
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I filed on 2/10 (a week before IRS started processing returns), my return was accepted on 2/18, got my return on 2/25...no state tax in Florida.
Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 12 of 13
Booner72
Senior Contributor

My IRS was not delayed, in fact 2 days early.

HOWEVER,  the state owed me 231 and I got 11.  This is because last year, when we were buying the house, and  LO  ordered tax transcripts, found out I didn't hit the SUBMIT button - though luckily I had paid.  IRS told me you get a freebie once for doing something assinine like this, but the state said I'd get a penalty for not filing.  Guess I got it!!

I'm not mad though....back last summer I needed those tax transcripts so bad that I swore to myself if I got them, I didn't care what fines/ fees I had to pay!  July is a great time to file in terms of turnaround time - got the transcripts within a week of filing.  I thought that was going to kill my house deal.  It was so scary.

Don't use TAXACT.  They're cheap, but not user-friendly!! 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.