Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do You Think of Vizio?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Do You Think of Vizio?

I prefer Sony, Samsung.

Don't get me wrong, I'm typing this looking at a Vizio screen (24" Desktop Monitor) Smiley Happy But aesthetics-wise, I prefer those other two.

Message 11 of 26
slicemans
Regular Contributor

They are not the worse or best. They are decent

Message 12 of 26
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies everyone! 

I got to test out the Vizio sound system and I am impressed, and will most likely pick them for that.

However, after further research and contemplation, I decided I am going to "future proof" and go with a 40" Samsung 4K TV. (Vizio doesn't make a 40" 4K AFAIK)

And Best Buy actually lists it wrong online, I confirmed with Samsung support and it is actually 120Hz, not 60Hz (Walmart has it listed correctly)

Thanks again everyone! Smiley Happy

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 13 of 26
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

as a former cable tech avoid vizio and samsung as well as most if not all off brand televisions. i have seen more problems with the first two than all the other combined.

Message 14 of 26
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

as a former cable tech avoid vizio and samsung as well as most if not all off brand televisions. i have seen more problems with the first two than all the other combined.

Now from a cable tech perspective, what was wrong with the TVs?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 15 of 26
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I purchased a 32" Vizio about 5-6 years ago. My only complaint was it's compatiblity issue with my PS3. I could never get it to connect regardless of output/input source. Discovered in a gamining forum that it was a common issue at the time. I'm sure the current sets don't have that problem, but I haven't been inclined yet to buy another Vizio since then. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 16 of 26
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Now from a cable tech perspective, what was wrong with the TVs?

failure to power on, bad picture, burned out hdmi ports, high pitched noise through speakers.....a substantial sum of the off brand televisions are incapaable of translating the codex sent from cisco cable boxes...i think that pretty well sums it up

Message 17 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

I have had 2 Vizios aver the years, no complaints about the quality and price.

I have a 60" LED which could be compared to an LG and even a Bravia (I had a Sony Bravia).

It came with more apps that Samsung and after 2 years ,the TV is still going strong.

I have had Panasonic, Sony, LG, Samsung and honestly, I'm very impressed with the Vizio's

Message 18 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

On another note. I bought a 37" APEX from BJ's 4 years ago (LCD) 1080i and I love that TV. Never had any issues with it and the image is greate and the speakers are very powerful.

It still runs nicely. gets about 2-3 hours usage a day. On week ends maybe about 5 hours a day.

Message 19 of 26
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

We've got 4 huge Bravia's at work they are on 14 hours a day.  Theyve been in use over 2 years now still going strong.  Id think Bravia's are good quality as well.

I like the picture quality of my Vizio more, seems clearer  It may just be because the TVs at work are absurdly large so they cant have the detail my 40-46 inch one has.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.