cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are u charging on your SD cards to keep them active?

tag
LeadingMan
New Contributor

What are u charging on your SD cards to keep them active?

My only two permanent SD cards are my 2 QS1's with only $1500 limits. Since Cap1 refuses to PC me to QS one gets Netflix and the other gets Hulu + and neither will ever see the light of day. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: What are u charging on your SD cards to keep them active?

@LeadingMan wrote:

My only two permanent SD cards are my 2 QS1's with only $1500 limits. Since Cap1 refuses to PC me to QS one gets Netflix and the other gets Hulu + and neither will ever see the light of day. 

with my IT i usually throw my car insurance payments on it or myfico SW 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

I have this same set up 2 QS1's SD'd one gets netflix and the other a blu ray or computer part on Amazon when I think of it.  Thinking about letting one have no purchases and see just how long it takes to have Cap1 close it down. 

Message 3 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

One gets a recurring $10 donation to the local NPR-carrying station that I find myself listening to in the car more often than not, geek radio and since I'm often driving on Saturday/Sunday for referee stuff and find Wait Wait Don't Tell me to be LOLworthy at times, it's pretty easy to justify.

Another gets a recurring Zoneperfect bar order that has been my breakfast staple or referee snack for a while.

Another (as soon as I dig it out) is going to get a recurring $6 amazon order.  

The final one gets my occasional iTunes purchases.

I used to have my phone and Internet bills on autopay for SD cards, till I got the Ink.

Eventually I'll likely get Netflix and drop it on something random (like the Chase Freedom which doesn't get used outside of a useful 5%), or just use more recurring Amazon purchases.

Think most of my cards are SD'd now, sigh.

        
Message 4 of 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Another problem with Capital One (one of the many for me) is you cant set up and automatic reoccuring payment.  Its so nice on Barclay and Discovers site I have a $100 payment set up each month just incase something would come up and I forget...guess that concept is to hard for Cap1 Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Another problem with Capital One (one of the many for me) is you cant set up and automatic reoccuring payment.  Its so nice on Barclay and Discovers site I have a $100 payment set up each month just incase something would come up and I forget...guess that concept is to hard for Cap1 Smiley Sad

do you mean autopayment ? or do you mean an chage from cap one to whatever like netflix ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

do you mean autopayment ? or do you mean an chage from cap one to whatever like netflix ?

Well I like to have say Netflix charge $8.43 a month to my credit card, then about a week later I like to have an autopayment set up for $8.43 so I dont have to worry about a SD card being late or forgetting about it having a small balance. 

Message 7 of 10
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

my SD cards 

- PNC points, only purpose is for OD protection to my Checking Account. 

- Chase INK Plus, uses very sporactally to pay Utilities. 

- Discover IT, uses only during 5% CB on Resturants cycle. 

- Walmart Discover, my DD is a AU that only uses it on the Back-To-School needs in August. She's an AU on my BCE for her Everyday needs. 

- PPEXMC, Occaisionally used to send PayPal cash to Daughter. 

- Citi AA, Mom's AU card, she takes a vacation once a year, and AA/USAirways is her HUB airline so this is for her to build miles point. 

- Citi FWD and TYP, will use interchangably occaisionally for Amazon purchases, only thing I find TY Points good for. 

- Amtrak AGR MC, When I take the occiasional ride from NYC to DC on the Acela. 

- Amazon Rewards, Auto Pays yearly Prime renewals. 

Message 8 of 10
LeadingMan
New Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

One gets a recurring $10 donation to the local NPR-carrying station that I find myself listening to in the car more often than not, geek radio and since I'm often driving on Saturday/Sunday for referee stuff and find Wait Wait Don't Tell me to be LOLworthy at times, it's pretty easy to justify.

Another gets a recurring Zoneperfect bar order that has been my breakfast staple or referee snack for a while.

I used to have my phone and Internet bills on autopay for SD cards, till I got the Ink.

Eventually I'll likely get Netflix and drop it on something random (like the Chase Freedom which doesn't get used outside of a useful 5%), or just use more recurring Amazon purchases.

I had iTunes purchases on one of my SD cards as well but they were so random. 1 month I nearly missed a $1.06 statement balance almost going 30 days late. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 9 of 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I had iTunes purchases on one of my SD cards as well but they were so random. 1 month I nearly missed a $1.06 statement balance almost going 30 days late. 

Exactly, another reason I wont use Capital One anymore, they are a bit behind on account features.  That would have been a real shame with a 30 day late for $1.06! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.