cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you doing with your Tax Return?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are you doing with your Tax Return?

Paying down util and the rest in savings.

(These kinda convos used to be much more fun when you're younger. Now, as "responsible adults", they're just so tame Smiley Tongue )

Message 41 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, I'll be writing (2) checks again this year like normal.  I don't recall the last time I got a refund.

Message 42 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

Due to some reasons, I will get a refund this year.  (Yahoo).  It goes into my car fund, along with what I save monthly and my bonus in June.  Looking for my next collector car.  Was thinking of a 1968 Camaro SS.

Nice!

Message 43 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

68 Camaro SS - NICE! Any idea how many people on this site you will owe a ride?

I wonder how many people actually know how much they paid in taxes for the year. I find it <so> odd most feel like the government is giving them something - perhaps that is true for some but most...

Message 44 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had a refund in years.  I always owe a few hundred.

Message 45 of 70
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

I usually zero out.  I don't want to owe or get a refund.  I just want my money in my check and I can do with it what I want, when I want.

Message 46 of 70
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I'll use my refund toward my Discover Card balance

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 47 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I try to get as close to $0 as possible. I don't want to owe or give out an interest free loan to the government.

Message 48 of 70
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

I'm adding to my precious metals collection  Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I'm back in school this year, I'm getting a decent return for the first time in years. Gonna pay off a card and get my UTI down under 30%. Pretty excited.
Message 50 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.