What are your Pet Peeves?

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@Mike_C wrote:

Posters (particularly Mods), who post "CONGRATS" in response to every single credit card approval.

I suspect they use a plugin (like InFormEnter) to artificially boost their contributor status - even though they rarely actually contribute anything substantial.

As Forum Administrator, I feel I need to do my part and say "CONGRATS" more.

Well, It looks like we've struck a nerve with this bunch -

Apparently posting "Congrats!" on every thread is a good way to advance to "Valued Contributor" status.

This should be made one of the many, many, many "stickies" on the credit cards forum...Smiley LOL

Squirrel...........

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 31 of 43
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Mike_C wrote:

Posters (particularly Mods), who post "CONGRATS" in response to every single credit card approval.

I suspect they use a plugin (like InFormEnter) to artificially boost their contributor status - even though they rarely actually contribute anything substantial.

As Forum Administrator, I feel I need to do my part and say "CONGRATS" more.

Well, It looks like we've struck a nerve with this bunch -

Apparently posting "Congrats!" on every thread is a good way to advance to "Valued Contributor" status.

This should be made one of the many, many, many "stickies" on the credit cards forum...Smiley LOL

Squirrel...........

Edited for content.   Shogun, myFICO moderator

EDIT:  I know, I know... Name-calling is uncalled for (except when a moderator does it - as in the case above).

Accept my apology and don't BAN me - I would not want to become one of those copy-and-paste vigilantes, posting something other than a "Pet Peeve" in the Smorgasbord.

Message 32 of 43
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Almost ran over a squirrel eating some type of nut in the middle of the street. I was so close of calling shogun!!!! 

Message 33 of 43
p-
Valued Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

Almost ran over a squirrel eating some type of nut in the middle of the street. I was so close of calling shogun!!!! 

Congrats!

Message 34 of 43
p-
Valued Contributor

QAMngrGirl wrote:...and I have come to a the point of enjoying yelling "YOU'RE WELCOME" at strangers who say nothing when I have held the door open for them...

Didn't you get the memo?  If you hold the door for someone and they don't thank you, then you get one free shot to stick out your leg and trip them.

Message 35 of 43
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@p- wrote:

QAMngrGirl wrote:...and I have come to a the point of enjoying yelling "YOU'RE WELCOME" at strangers who say nothing when I have held the door open for them...

Didn't you get the memo?  If you hold the door for someone and they don't thank you, then you get one free shot to stick out your leg and trip them.

It's usually full grown men too Smiley Surprised

Message 36 of 43
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:Didn't you get the memo?  If you hold the door for someone and they don't thank you, then you get one free shot to stick out your leg and trip them.
QAMngrGirl wrote:  It's usually full grown men too Smiley Surprised

Yup.  Free pass.

Message 37 of 43
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

drivers.

But more specifically, drivers who stop about 3 car lengths back while in line at the red light - then inch there way forward throughout the light cycle, while all the cars behid them follow suit.  It's just one of those things where I want to walk over and knock on the window and ask "Why are you stopped all the way back here... and moreover, why do you creep up afterward?  Just stop!"

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 38 of 43
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

People who sit in the left lane on the freeway and won't move over for anything.

Yes.

I actually argue with my wife on this because I'm an extreme proponent of "You stay in the right lane unless you are passing a car"  That means, no joining a long line in the left to get around the slow car a mile head.  Stay over on the right, until you get to that car.  If only everyone would do this.

I have a pet peeve for overly picky grammar and spelling police. 

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 39 of 43
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Number one is tip jars everywhere.  Once upon a time, this would be so frowned upon no one would be caugh dead with a Tip Jar.  Unbelievable.

I really should have read through before posting.  This is, by a healthy margin, the worst non-vehicular pet peeve.
Go get me my cone DQ Boy.  And no, there will be no tip.

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.