cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your Pet Peeves?

Established Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?

People who talk in the theater.

People who use words they can't define.

People who wait in line, get to the front, and *then* think about what they want to order.

People who take forever in a store by writing a check.

People who don't use turn signals.

People who drive with their high beams.

People who drive with just their parking lights. (illegal in most states including mine)

People who slow to a crawl in a crowded parking lot to follow someone walking with their keys.

People who merge onto the freeway at half the speed of traffic. Or even less.

People who sit in the left lane on the freeway and won't move over for anything.

People who dump their shopping carts wherever in the parking lot.

People who think car alarms do anything other than annoy everyone in earshot.

 

I could go on. Forever.

 

Maybe I'm just a misanthrope. Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 43
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?

People who ramble on about nothing.

People who can't spell, little mistakes I can tolerate.

Squirrels

People who drive 50 on a 70mph highway.

People who have their pants hang to their knees

Squirrels

People who wear too much perfume/cologne.

People who don't bathe.

Squirrels

People who don't like sports.

People who like sports way too much

Squirrels

People that are way too loud in public.

People that drive little cars with huge exhausts.

 

oh yeah.. and squirrels.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 43
Epic Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?


Shogun wrote:

People who ramble on about nothing.

People who can't spell, little mistakes I can tolerate.

Squirrels

People who drive 50 on a 70mph highway.

People who have their pants hang to their knees

Squirrels

People who wear too much perfume/cologne.

People who don't bathe.

Squirrels

People who don't like sports.

People who like sports way too much

Squirrels

People that are way too loud in public.

People that drive little cars with huge exhausts.

 

oh yeah.. and squirrels.  Smiley Happy


You forgot to mentiion squirrels Shogun.

Message 13 of 43
Senior Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?


Shogun wrote:

People who ramble on about nothing.

People who can't spell, little mistakes I can tolerate.

Squirrels

People who drive 50 on a 70mph highway.

People who have their pants hang to their knees

Squirrels

People who wear too much perfume/cologne. Sorry buddy!!!!

People who don't bathe. If you paid your water bill I could smell better Smiley Embarassed

Squirrels

People who don't like sports.

People who like sports way too much I wear Chicago BlackHawks boxers, don't hate!!!!

Squirrels

People that are way too loud in public. Sorry, My farts are loud!!!!

People that drive little cars with huge exhausts. I will keep my riding lawnmower off the expressway Smiley Tongue

 

oh yeah.. and squirrels.  Smiley Happy


 

Message 14 of 43
Frequent Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?

Most of my peeves have helped me develop a kickin' case of road rage. BLINKERS! PLEASE! 

Other things that bother me are the lack of common courtesy, and I have come to a the point of enjoying yelling "YOU'RE WELCOME" at strangers who say nothing when I have held the door open for them. (This happens almost daily)

People who can't feed their children but have 25 animals. 

And Walmart. 

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+


Message 15 of 43
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?


Shogun wrote:

......

Squirrels

......

Squirrels

......

Squirrels

.......

Squirrels

.......

oh yeah.. and squirrels.  Smiley Happy


 

I saw an emotional moment between two squirrels today, and one was dead. One was dead due to being hit by a car. The other came up to it and nuzzled up to it as I approached. And just as I accelerated I thought of you, and your squirrels.

Message 16 of 43
Established Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?


KingAdrock wrote:

People who talk in the theater.

People who use words they can't define.

People who wait in line, get to the front, and *then* think about what they want to order.

People who take forever in a store by writing a check.

People who don't use turn signals.

People who drive with their high beams.

People who drive with just their parking lights. (illegal in most states including mine)

People who slow to a crawl in a crowded parking lot to follow someone walking with their keys.

People who merge onto the freeway at half the speed of traffic. Or even less.

People who sit in the left lane on the freeway and won't move over for anything.

People who dump their shopping carts wherever in the parking lot.

People who think car alarms do anything other than annoy everyone in earshot.

 

I could go on. Forever.

 

Maybe I'm just a misanthrope. Smiley LOL


Or worse, no lights at dusk/dawn. $10 says that if asked the person driving with no lights will respond "I can see just fine".

 

Well.... I'm sure you can.

 

~kn


EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 17 of 43
Established Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?


knoregs wrote:

Or worse, no lights at dusk/dawn. $10 says that if asked the person driving with no lights will respond "I can see just fine".

 

Well.... I'm sure you can.

 

~kn


 

Agreed. The whole point of low beam headlights is so others can see YOU.

Message 18 of 43
Valued Contributor

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?


llecs wrote:I saw an emotional moment between two squirrels today, and one was dead. One was dead due to being hit by a car. The other came up to it and nuzzled up to it as I approached. And just as I accelerated I thought of you, and your squirrels.

I'm pretty sure you just witnessed squirrel cannibalism; or at the very least a pickpocket.

3-26-15: FICO EXP: 828 - EQU:820 - TRAN: 828 - AVG: 825 +275 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Message 19 of 43
Moderator Emerita

Re: What are your Pet Peeves?

Message 20 of 43