Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What banks are you guys using ?

tag
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Re: What banks are you guys using ?

TD Bank.  They're open 7 days a week and many times close around 7 PM ET.  I pretty much do my banking online 99% of the time.  But in that rare occasion I need to go in, it's good to know that I can get out of work at 5 PM and leisurely take my time there.

Lately, though I've been thinking of moving some money to Barclays for the almost 1 % savings.  Hmmm...

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 21 of 28
Psmith
Valued Member

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

First Republic Bank

How do you like them?

I stopped using regular banks in the early '90s when I switched to a Merrill Lynch CMA. These days, I use Fidelity and Schwab.

Message 22 of 28
HiLine
Blogger

I use Bank of America, US Bank, and Key Bank. BofA has the My Portfolio financial management function which I find is even more feature-rich than Mint. I like US Bank because as long as you have a credit card with them, their checking accounts are free. Key Bank is great in that they waive third-party ATM withdrawal fees.

Message 23 of 28
chalupaman
Super Contributor

BB&T, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and more recently, been actually using my Chase checking account more often because there's an ATM near my campus. Also have a GA United Credit Union account I never use.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep my Checking money at Alliant until is time to pay, then I move to ING (Ok, nowadays they call it Capital360) to Bill Pay all over the place.  Love that combo...

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just recently switched to Chase for several reasons:

1. They have a branch literally one block from my apartment.

2. The CU I've been using only has an ATM in my neighborhood, and it's at the courthouse behind security. (Aaargh!)

3. The $200 cash bonus I got for opening it!

4. Convinced my roomie to open one their too. On payday, he tranfers his rent to me lickety-split.

Also have an account at Scott-Trade, but only transfer in there. Never been to their branch.

Message 26 of 28
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Bank with citizens and fidelity

have had accounts with boa. 

account of one deposit waives maitenece fee and online banking is the easiest when not down (which is about once every couple months) 

fidelity is no min balance, no fees. all atm fees refunded after foreign atm fees charged. (but you do have to have it in there to take out) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 27 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Been with NFCU since 2001 (when my daughter joined the Navy), and I love them!  They are the only financial institution that I've held an account for more than five years, and I've never had a problem with them.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.