cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did you want to be when you grew up?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: What did you want to be when you grew up?

Meteorologist
Message 11 of 26
wmarat
Valued Contributor

MD
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 12 of 26
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

The first thing I remember wanting to be was in kindergarten or 1st grade: an astrophysicist. Have no clue how I knew what an astrophysicist was back then! In high school, I went through a stage where I wanted to be a judge, paying my dues as a prosecutor first. I got over it when I realized how often deals are made. Then headed off to college as a physics major only to find it way too applied for me, then chose mathematics. Thought for a while that I wanted to work for the NSA but fell in love with teaching (college math) while in graduate school.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to be like Jesus!!! 

Who said he was a carpenter ???  I thought he was a doctor .  So  that's what I became an MD

Message 14 of 26
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

He is truly the Great Physician so you definitely followed in His footsteps!
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 15 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DI wrote:
Meteorologist

Me too!

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to be very old. So far, so good. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 26
MattH
Senior Contributor

Well, for most of my childhood I wanted to be a scientist, then as a teenager I decided I wanted to be an engineer instead so I went and got an engineering degree.  After three years of designing control systems for Siemens I decided I really wanted to be a scientist after all so I went and got a Ph.D. in biology.  After getting my doctorate I did postdoctoral work at a major medical school, then got a job in R&D for a big pharmaceutical company where I've been doing that since 1998.  What makes science fun for me is that it's never the same because the field keeps advancing.  Most of the stuff I'm working on now hadn't even been discovered when I was in grad school.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 18 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I wanted to be a business owner.
Message 19 of 26
Cory
Established Contributor

Good off credit topic post. Makes you feel like human.

I've always, and still want to be a singer, chef and nutrienist. I think I still have time.

Cory

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.