cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you drink/eat to help you get through the day?

tag
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

What do you drink/eat to help you get through the day?

That feeling after lunch and knowing you still got a couple of hours until the work day is over.

I like energy drinks, particularly Red Bull. I know they are bad but I drink them in moderation.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: What do you drink/eat to help you get through the day?

This thread is interesting...i like it!

I used to be a heavy Red Bull drinker back in college.  As film/media production major, our Senior Graudating project got me good where i couldn't sleep for 7days (literally).  I started out by having 24pack of Red Bulls in the frig (at school), which was gone by end of first day...then 48pack which were also gone by end of 3rd day and finally i couldn't do it any longer so i ended up buying some addies from one of my football player buddies.  Since then, I have not drank one can of Red Bull....i drink water & coffee.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 9
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Right Now I am really liking the Mountain Dew Kickstart product line. My personal favorite is the black cherry, but fruit punch is also good. I like them because they give me a rush of energy on those days without much sleep, without giving me uncontrollable jitters.

Also, if you happen to find somewhere that carries them, I suggest trying the Neuro Sonic drinks. They use science and special vitmins that react with the brain to provide mental energy and help you concentrate better.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 3 of 9
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

I prefer to eat a NoGii high protein bar.  My system can't handle the "crash" that inevitably comes from consuming caffeine, so I just eat the protein bar to keep myself on an even keel the rest of the afternoon.

Message 4 of 9
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Lots of water.

Sometimes, the 100-cal bag of popcorn.

Message 5 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I drink Red Bull as well.  Lately, I have been picking up 2 or 3 of the silver (lemon) or red (cranberry) Red Bulls before work.  Sometimes, I'll drink a lo-carb or sugar-free Monster also.  I often work long hours in a dimly lit room filled with computer screens, so the drinks keep me going. But I'm not an overweight or out of shape.  I excercise and work out at the gym every day since my job requires a certain physical appearance.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 9
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Water/fruit juice, healthy snacks like apples and trail mix, with exercise to start the day off...and I feel great.

I used to be a soda/RedBull/candy bar kinda guy, which, granted, did get me through the day, but always made me feel a little off.  Since making the choice to grab the apple instead of the Snickers, I haven't felt better in my entire life.  And I LOVE Snickers!  It was a tough transition, that's for sure, but well, well, well worth it.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 7 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I avoid eating a lot of carbs (including so-called healthy carbs). I used to get that terrible afternoon lethargy but now I seldom do because breakfast and lunch are mostly proteins, healthy fats, and vegetables and berries, with a few other fruits.

My energy mostly stays high without help, but when it does drop, I go for exercise and if not that, any caffeine I can get my hands on!

Message 8 of 9
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Monster-Rehab Tea

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.