Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you plan to improve in 2014?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

What do you plan to improve in 2014?

Credit wise my family and I are not gonna use CCs until ALL are paid down, their EQ monitoring payment is being deducted form their Sears MC but now I will be paying it with my Citi MC Debit card, That way NOT 1 CREDIT CARD IS BEING USED so far we have closed 5 store cards and hopefully 1 more before 2014. Other than that I plan to also improve in my way of being since there is always something to work on. What about you?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you plan to improve in 2014?

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Credit wise my family and I are not gonna use CCs until ALL are paid down, their EQ monitoring payment is being deducted form their Sears MC but now I will be paying it with my Citi MC Debit card, That way NOT 1 CREDIT CARD IS BEING USED so far we have closed 5 store cards and hopefully 1 more before 2014. Other than that I plan to also improve in my way of being since there is always something to work on. What about you?

Good for you and your folks, Bears! You're one smart young person. Given your folks' struggles and your own ambitions, this seems like a good way to begin a new year.

My plan's similar to yours. I'm going to take a credit break for a while, myself. I have all the credit I need and just met my spending limit to qualify for the bonus on my new Chase Freedom. Now except for small spends needed to keep the cards alive (and those will be PIF'd) I'm going to use cash or debit cards for everything for a while until only all the cards are paid to near zero. Then I'll start again with a plan.

Message 2 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

sounds good, and thanks!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Great plan WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
ptilda
Established Contributor

My overall score! Smiley Happy

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 5 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@myjourney thanks, and ptilda it will improve.

Message 6 of 8
Satellite5
Established Member

I'm going to improve my cholesterol levels. I'm very confident (been exercising more). Smiley Very Happy

Credit-wise, I would like to let my existing accounts age and reach that elusive 750 score...

Starting Score: 735 (EQ) / 777 (TU)Oct. 2012
Current Score: 761 (EQ) / 752 (TU)Aug. 2014
Goal Score: 800
App free since 19.11.2013. \o/
Message 7 of 8
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

I want to get my score above 768. Does that seem like a silly number?  Not really, that's the 50% percentile border for Canadian Equifax scores.  I want to be in the top half again.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.