Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your experience with Metal-CreditCard.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your experience with Metal-CreditCard.com

I noticed they just started making stainless steel cards that look pretty sweet. Has anyone used them before? If so how was the experience? And what does yours look like? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your experience with Metal-CreditCard.com

I remember a thread on this a while back, but don't recall anything favorable coming from it. I also recall it being quite expensive I believe?
Message 2 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I got my metal card fix via Amazon...

Too bad its mostly for online orders... Sigh

Message 3 of 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I have seen their website come up in searches when I was looking into getting the Ritz card back in 2015. They seem quite amateurish to me and the process for chip cards seems clunky from the reading I did on their site. I remember some of the customer reviews on their site were cringe worthy, like this card is great for hitting on waitressesSmiley Indifferent I have most of the metal cards that Chase offers, CSP, CSR, CLUB and RITZ, and while nice, especially the Ritz, the novelty wears off after awhile.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 4 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

I have seen their website come up in searches when I was looking into getting the Ritz card back in 2015. They seem quite amateurish to me and the process for chip cards seems clunky from the reading I did on their site. I remember some of the customer reviews on their site were cringe worthy, like this card is great for hitting on waitressesSmiley Indifferent I have most of the metal cards that Chase offers, CSP, CSR, CLUB and RITZ, and while nice, especially the Ritz, the novelty wears off after awhile.

And I dont think they can deal with EMV....

-J

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

-J

They have a beta option for people with EMV chips, but it doesn't work with all cards.

Message 6 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

-J

They have a beta option for people with EMV chips, but it doesn't work with all cards.

I don't think its worth the risk, plus rember they get your card data.... how else do they attempt to duplicate it...

Its not the composition of the plastic its the credit rating and acceptance that matters...

Otherwise its just makes you look like your trying to impress someone needlessly...

(thats a sanitized/FSR version of what i think about this).... 

Yes its nice to have pretty things but you dont need to bling out your plastic...

Message 7 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

-J

I don't think its worth the risk, plus rember they get your card data.... how else do they attempt to duplicate it...

Its not the composition of the plastic its the credit rating and acceptance that matters...

Otherwise its just makes you look like your trying to impress someone needlessly...

(thats a sanitized/FSR version of what i think about this).... 

Yes its nice to have pretty things but you dont need to bling out your plastic...

Right, plus, as you say, the novelty wears off: after all, how many cashiers/clerks/waiters do you REALLY need to impress....

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

I'm in the minority here about metal cards for sure.  One of the primary drivers behind my closing my Ritz card was I truly grew tired of the "OMG!  This card is SOOOOO heavy....." and I felt a bit obnoxious carrying the **bleep** thing.  I like my Marriott and CSR cards not because they are heavy but due to how they are constructed I will not have wiped off numbers hard to read and such.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.