Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of car do you drive?

tag
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Re: What kind of car do you drive?

I drive a 2006 Ford Fusion. I've always had white cars, a burgundyish one once, but this is my first black one. I wish I would have known that black cars get really hot and dirty very easily. I love my car, though!

Message Edited by islandchild82 on 06-01-2008 05:18 PM
Message 11 of 103
MattH
Senior Contributor

At present a 2000 Toyota Camry, before that a 1994 Corolla, both of them bought used because I prefer to be the second owner of a car. I'm thinking in 2009 probably I'll replace this Camry with something similar but a bit newer, maybe a 2005 Camry or Accord.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 12 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

ANYONE w/ OnStar & BlueTooth capability in their cars:

DD was playing in my Rendezvous a few months after I bought it and to this day I have no idea what she did... but whenever we get in, Miss Automated Voice says "Phone Unavailable"... we have no idea how to make her stop, or what was configured (incompletely!) to make her say that. Ergh! It's a common joke in our car now to say "oh guess what? The phone's unavailable!" 

Drives me nuts. If anyone knows, puh-lease let us in on the secret!
Message 13 of 103
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Have you checked your manual for the problem?  I would imagine it automatically tries to connect to a phone of some type whenever the vehicle is started, but because the phone is unavailable you get that message!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 14 of 103
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

2006 Honda CR-V as of last Friday.  I too prefer to be the second owner and also prefer to have known the first owner really well.   Call me frugal, but I just can't stomach the depreciation of the first two years.

This one, purchased from a dear friend who wintered it in FL until I was ready to buy it.  The last one a 2001 Mercury Sable purchased from my ex father-in-law.  It gave me nearly five years of outstanding service and it's being sold to a friend's son as his "first" car.

He isn't real keen on having an "old man sedan."  I think that is his mother's full intention.  She's a smart woman.

atlast...
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 15 of 103
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

2008 Corolla Smiley Happy

Replaced a 1996 Corolla
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 103
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

I drive a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville ssei and/or a 1996 Ford Explorer.  Both long ago paid for! 

I've never lasted more than 18 mos with  a car payment.  They drive me nuts!   Needless to say I've never bought nor will I ever buy a brand new car.  I cannot stomach the depreciation either!!

atlast...outstanding work on your scores!!

Message Edited by Trishco on 06-01-2008 08:08 PM
Message 17 of 103
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DW drives a 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara

I have a 2002 Chevy S10 lowrider (manual transmission)
Message 18 of 103
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

2006 Honda Accord EX 4-door and a 2007 Honda CR-V.
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 19 of 103
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:

DW drives a 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara

I have a 2002 Chevy S10 lowrider (manual transmission)

No WAY! Do you bounce up and down at traffic lights? Aren't you a couple thousand miles to the west of the lowriders? Does your daughter's head bob up and down??

I blew out a speaker on my other car last fall while listening to "Lowrider" on the way home from work.... Smiley Sad

edit: cna't speel

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-01-2008 08:25 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.