Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes you nuts?

tag
demi
Established Contributor

Re: What makes you nuts?

Right on the spot.  I remember after my back surgery and I would go to the pool, didn't have a disabled sticker, walking with a cane, and people fight for closest spot at the gym. 

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 51 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK.  This question it too easy.

I live in the NW Houston area.  I take the park and ride downtown to work each morning.  You park and get on an express bus that travels in the high occupancy lane. 

So, my park and ride garage has a round-a-bout in front.   It should have been a simple four way stop, but that would have been too easy.   You are supposed to yield to any cars already in the round-a-bout and stay to the right.  Not here in Houston.  Three mornings this week, the same Hummer behind me kept to the left and then cut me off to get in to the garage.  I guess it is OK to cut off a VW Beetle when your Hummer could simply run me over and keep going.Smiley Happy  So, this morning, I laid on my horn and I was greeted with a universally known hand gesture.  And a good morning to you, you inconsiderate idiot.
Message 52 of 60
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

cheddar wrote:
What drives me nuts?

The 0.003 milliseconds between the time the light turns green and the time the drivers behind me honk.  This is particularly true when driving in NYC.

For the record, if I'm first in light at a stoplight and someone behind me honks the instant the light turns green, nobody behind me is going anywhere very quickly.

Smiley Happy

Amen. 

Where'd they get their driver's licenses?  Outta cracker jack boxes?

atlast....still driving like a sane midwesterner
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 53 of 60
marty56
Super Contributor

Taxi cabs in New York City have the timing down to an art.  I swear their horn goes of right before the light changes.  Here in San Antonio it doesn't happen that often and if it does, its most likely transplanted New York drivers like me.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 54 of 60
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...I'll give that one a qualified nod. There are the occasional typo and grammatical error which are common to the human condition, and then u have ur txt speek and peeps who dont even try 2 rite a complet sentence OR WHO POST EVERYTHING IN ALL CAPS.

LOL, so it's not just me?

I always feel like I'm reading ransom demands with these, where the kidnappers cut words and letters out of newspapers and mags, and paste them to make their message. All different font sizes and font types.

I try to read them, but after a long day at work, they're a real challenge. And those caps lock addicts! aarrgghh

Has someone already mentioned posts without paragraphs? Even Medicare regulations have some white space in there...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 55 of 60
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

One thing that drives me crazy? When someone is telling me a sad story about something that happened to them, (which has nothing to do with me of course, I'm just a friendly ear) I usually say something like "Wow, I'm sorry to hear that." to which they respond: "It's not your fault."

Well yes, obviously it's not my fault. That goes without saying. I wasn't apologizing, I was sympathizing you idiot! I can't count how many times someone has done that. While of course I don't say any of that, I admit I sure think it.

Message 56 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

KingAdrock wrote:
One thing that drives me crazy? When someone is telling me a sad story about something that happened to them, (which has nothing to do with me of course, I'm just a friendly ear) I usually say something like "Wow, I'm sorry to hear that." to which they respond: "It's not your fault."

Well yes, obviously it's not my fault. That goes without saying. I wasn't apologizing, I was sympathizing you idiot! I can't count how many times someone has done that. While of course I don't say any of that, I admit I sure think it.

LOL!  That bugs me, too.

Message 57 of 60
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have no checks on my checking account. I only use my debit card to pay bills and shop. While I was in Arkansas I went to get my hair cut (not used to the 90+ weather) and they did not use debit/credit, cash or checks only. So I go to the bank down the road and THEY did not have an ATM. That surprised the heck out of me.

Never realized how hard it is to get in a small town what I take for granted in a bigger one.
Message 58 of 60
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

As far as people parking, nothing but NOTHING bothers me as much as someone who deliberately parks between two spaces. You ever seen that? I don't see it often but I do see it. It's usually a fancy luxury car, they want the extra room to protect their precious. This annoys me so much I have to resist reaching for my sharpest key...
Message 59 of 60
demi
Established Contributor

Also, along the parking issues...people who leave their grocery carts out.  One day I drove to Target, my car was about 2 days old, as I was walking back to my car a woman left her cart right behind my car.  I got pretty irate with her (and anyone who knows me knows I very rarely speak up)...then went back and apologized.  The place to put the cart was two cars down...I usually park near one hoping that people will use it.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.