Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's a Jedi Knight, Uncle Matt?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What's a Jedi Knight, Uncle Matt?

Plus there's also a very strong ethical streak in these, the question of how to do the right thing in the face of insuperable odds.

There's also the Chronicles of Narnia. There's a specific faith theme in these, but it still hits many of these points.

And Lord of the Rings. (again, reflecting the faith of the author)

And A Wrinkle in Time, and so many of the other Madeleine L'Engle books. (Many of which also reflect her religious viewpoints on good and evil and redemption.)

Add in all the great sci-fi novel series for young people --Andre Norton and others.

Good youth literature hits so many of these themes --it speaks to young people who see injustice around them and feel impotent (because of their youth and social and economic standing) to do anything about it. It's a great way of challenging them to think, if I suddenly did have these powers, what would I do with them? Could I use them to make changes for the good?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.