cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's everyone's "New Years Resolution" for 2017? Any goals?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

What's everyone's "New Years Resolution" for 2017? Any goals?

I've set my personal goal of absolutely 0 new credit card apps or anything for 2017. Auto CLI's sure, but nothing, I mean nothing that requires a HP.

Have my eyes set on the CSR, and that's the card I want! No more apping just for a bonus, etc.

Self control! Haha.

What's everyone's goal 2017?
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
36 REPLIES 36
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: What's everyone's "New Years Resolution" for 2017? Any goals?

I'd like to apply for a mortgage, which probably means I need to stop applying for credit cards.  I've opened 25+ new accounts in the past 24 months so it's probably a good idea to slow down anyways.  The last of my derogs are scheduled to fall off my reports in March/April 2017, so if things go smoothly, I'm going to try for a pre-approval and start house hunting then.

Good luck to everyone with their goals.

Message 2 of 37
redpat
Senior Contributor

As it is every year, to see the next year.  Also, to through in a Amex bus plat.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 37
baller4life
Super Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:
I've set my personal goal of absolutely 0 new credit card apps or anything for 2017. Auto CLI's sure, but nothing, I mean nothing that requires a HP.

Have my eyes set on the CSR, and that's the card I want! No more apping just for a bonus, etc.

Self control! Haha.

What's everyone's goal 2017?

+1. Keep my eye on the prize. CSR

Message 4 of 37
EdMan63
Established Contributor

We are in the process of finalizing a mortgage right now so I haven't done anything credit wise in the last 6 months. I recently got a business card for travel so I'm trying to decide what to do about my current cards. I'm debating whether or not to close or PC my CSP before my next annual fee now that I won't really be using it for travel. I still want to get a Citi DC and if so that will be the only card I may open next year. My current lease car will also be due in Sept so I will be getting a new car at that time. Beyond that I have no plans for any additional credit in the near future. 

Message 5 of 37
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@happypill wrote:

I'd like to apply for a mortgage, which probably means I need to stop applying for credit cards.  I've opened 25+ new accounts in the past 24 months so it's probably a good idea to slow down anyways.  The last of my derogs are scheduled to fall off my reports in March/April 2017, so if things go smoothly, I'm going to try for a pre-approval and start house hunting then.

Good luck to everyone with their goals.

I for one can't wait to see your new FICO scores once the negs drop either.

I only recently got a 36 point instant score increase when an old PR was removed. That's HUGE

Best of luck and success that everything goes as expected for you.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to take it pretty easy and just grow my current cards/scores until late 2017 when I might apply for another card.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

No apps, except for a car loan if Tesla decides my model 3 is ready earlier, other than that gardening and hopefully recovering from a few health issues.

Message 8 of 37
driftless
Valued Contributor

I am good credit wise. Wishing everyone good luck meeting their '17 credit goals.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not apply for a dam CC.

It's such an urge T_T

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.