Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in your wallet?

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

What's in your wallet?

No, this isn't a corny Capital One commercial with Samuel Jackson.

I am curious to see what our fellow myFICOers carry with them in their wallet and why. What combonations do you preferr and why is it so effective for you.

I would love to hear your opinions! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

Re: What's in your wallet?

@Jaylima91 wrote:

I am curious to see what our fellow myFICOers carry with them in their wallet and why. What combonations do you preferr and why is it so effective for you.

Different card everyday, and only that card on that day unless the transaction is denied. no joke.

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 2 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

right now its CSP for travel dining and pretty much everyday purchases. QS I rotate with CSP if i want cash back. Freedom for gas, and bce for costco. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 32
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Different card everyday, and only that card on that day unless the transaction is denied. no joke.

LOL.

That's interesting.

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

SM for gas/groceries, Amex BCE for Costco, QS for everything else.

Message 5 of 32
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

right now its CSP for travel dining and pretty much everyday purchases. QS I rotate with CSP if i want cash back. Freedom for gas, and bce for costco. 

That's a great combo. I have been using my Arrival+ lately for my travel. Maybe it's because of the 2x Miles/$1

Message 6 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Right now in my wallet I have....

my PRG, my upromise card (which I only had cause I brought it to work one day to call and PC it to an Arrival, waiting for the new card in the mail), my citi forward, my BoA travel, my discover IT, and my quicksilver. 

Message 7 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

My new plan:

Blue Cash for 5% supermarkets and gas,

Citi Forward for 5% on restaurants

US Bank Cash Plus for 5% when going to vet (counts as charity)

Retail gift cards from GiftCardZen or similar (currently Petco, Starbucks, CVS) for 12-25% off

Visa gift cards for everything else (4% after fees with Blue Cash)

Message 8 of 32
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Quicksilver - go-to everyday card

Freedom - 5.5x gas

Discover IT and AMEX - their respective deals, if applicable

That's about it this quarter that I use frequently!

Message 9 of 32
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Amex Blue Cash Preferred for groceries because of the 6% cash back.  CSP for travel and dining and most other stuff.  BofA Cash Rewards also because I have 0% APR till December.  I'll also use the Freedom if its 5% on restaurants like last quarter.  Wiill use Freedom or Discover if the quarterly category is something I spend a lot on.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.