cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the most you ever charged to a credit card in one single swipe?

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the most you ever charged to a credit card in one single swipe?

@Anonymous wrote:

Charged $5000 on Amex PRG.  I had the cash but wanted the points.  I paid it as soon as it posted.  I remember Amex initially denied the charge and the merchant looked at me like I knew dam well the charge wouldn't go through. LOL.  I immediately called Amex and they simply wanted me to verify it was me and told me to ask the mechant try again. When it went through the merchant was shocked and started trying to sell me stuff I didn't need nor want.  I wanted to say kiss my arse so badly but I didn't.

I really lmao at this. 😂😂😂😂👍🏽👍🏽💀💀

Message 11 of 43
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
$10,000.31 on my Ritz-Carlton 2 days after I activated. This did prompt a call from JPM the next day lol I think it was a CYA moment for them. As a "convenience" they send your card already activated in the mail, so if it falls into the wrong hands they are 100% on the hook for it.

Why would they do that!!?

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

$17k on Discover IT for a client project (3 Mac Pros + accessories) 

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

$10K  on Amex BCP at Home Depot. That was this year for storm damage materials.  I paid $5 K before the charge even went from pending to posting. 

Message 14 of 43
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

$2300 emergency vet bill.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 15 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

$900 car maintenance my welcome back Mr. Cotter moment with my new Amex Ed back in FebSmiley Wink. Im a low rollerSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

11k for the final down payment of my wedding reception. Got 3xs the points on my Sapphire Reserve!
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

47k on a personal charge card (contractor payment,) 19k on a personal revolver (camera equipment,) and 93k on a business charge card (materials for a building.) I only called ahead on the first, everything else went through without issue.

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

47k on a personal charge card (contractor payment,) 19k on a personal revolver (camera equipment,) and 93k on a business charge card (materials for a building.) I only called ahead on the first, everything else went through without issue.

93k! Yikes!

Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

93k! Yikes!

That was a small part of a much bigger investment project. Not the biggest single cash transaction I've ever been a part of, but the biggest that didn't require 'good funds.'

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.