Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your day job?

tag
shawnette
Regular Contributor

What's your day job?

I stumbled across the picture thread today and just saw the "what's in your wallet?" thread.  Now I'm wondering what some of you do for a living. 

I'm a professional glass artist.  To be more exact, I'm a glassblower at Disney World.  What about you?
Message 1 of 212
211 REPLIES 211
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's your day job?

I am a full time security guard at a power plant providing energy to PG&E(pacific gas & electric) and a full time mom of 2 girls(hows that for a jobSmiley Happy)
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 2 of 212
Anonymous
Not applicable

environmental health and safety person at a federal crime lab.
Message 3 of 212
Anonymous
Not applicable

Software developer on Wall Street.

Message 4 of 212
Anonymous
Not applicable

social worker  Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 212
shawnette
Regular Contributor

momof2 wrote:
I am a full time security guard at a power plant providing energy to PG&E(pacific gas & electric) and a full time mom of 2 girls(hows that for a jobSmiley Happy)

I have 2 boys!  Wanna trade one?  I've always wanted a girl.  You can have my oldest.  He's very handsome, polite, well behaved and well mannered. 

(And about to start college in the fall. Another big FAT bill.)

Message 6 of 212
momof2
Frequent Contributor

shawnette---- if your boy is polite i could trade, however my girls are 3 years old in june and my other is 16 1/2months old, sure you wanna now?? their a handfull   hehehehehhe
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 7 of 212
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I work customer service for an office supply chain, taking phone calls from high end national business clients who get paid 5x what I do, yet they can't figure out how to order the correct colored pens/sized folders/cartridges for their printers and INSIST the error was made on our end... even though they logged in and placed the order themselves online.

However, the hours are incredibly flexible, and it allows me to be a single mom who can't afford childcare and can just barely scrape by on the bills.

My (almost) 3 year old son is amazingly adorable though, so he makes it worth it... and if a few more years he'll be in school and I can finish school and get a better job haha

Message Edited by modernsurrender on 04-04-2008 10:38 PM
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 8 of 212
shawnette
Regular Contributor

momof2 wrote:
shawnette---- if your boy is polite i could trade, however my girls are 3 years old in june and my other is 16 1/2months old, sure you wanna now?? their a handfull   hehehehehhe

My other boy is 3, so no thanks, lol!  Offer rescinded.

Message 9 of 212
shawnette
Regular Contributor

imducky wrote:
environmental health and safety person at a federal crime lab.

Ooooooooo!!  CSI is my favorite show!!  Well, actually Heroes is, but before Heroes came along, it was CSI.
Message 10 of 212
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.