Did you mean: 

What state all from?

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: What state all from?

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Stay safe. I'm surprised you still have power at this point. Keeping everyone down there in my prayers.

Thanks. I'm surprised too. Actually I'm very impressed with the utility companies through this storm. Flooding is at a point never seen before but practically no widespread power or water outages. I spent over $1000 on generator and supplies and never needed any of it (so far... its not over yet). Death toll only at 5 last time I checked. Those statistics are amazing, given the statewide destruction. All in all, I'm a happy camper. I'll just sit tight until the water recedes and I can get out. 

I called a dear old friend last evening who lives in Houston after watching ABC nightly news as it looked like the entire city was under water. He's fine, he lives in the Montrose neighborhood which he says never floods. He can't get out very far, but has power, water, internet, etc., so he's content to sit it out. I asked why they didn't evacuate the city and he had a pretty good answer - how do you evacuate 6.6 million people? 

Message 21 of 68
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Stay safe. I'm surprised you still have power at this point. Keeping everyone down there in my prayers.

Thanks. I'm surprised too. Actually I'm very impressed with the utility companies through this storm. Flooding is at a point never seen before but practically no widespread power or water outages. I spent over $1000 on generator and supplies and never needed any of it (so far... its not over yet). Death toll only at 5 last time I checked. Those statistics are amazing, given the statewide destruction. All in all, I'm a happy camper. I'll just sit tight until the water recedes and I can get out. 

I called a dear old friend last evening who lives in Houston after watching ABC nightly news as it looked like the entire city was under water. He's fine, he lives in the Montrose neighborhood which he says never floods. He can't get out very far, but has power, water, internet, etc., so he's content to sit it out. I asked why they didn't evacuate the city and he had a pretty good answer - how do you evacuate 6.6 million people? 

The city gov intentionally kept the forcast low keyed because of what happened during Hurricane Rita. The Media told everyone to get out and the interstates got clogged up so bad no one was able to move and cars ran out of gas sitting in traffic. Then when the flooding came, people lost their vehicles and lives. So far there are only 5 reported deaths due to Harvey and practically no vehicles submerged on the interstate highways that are flooded. Pretty good statistics. I may not support the media deception but it definately saved lives and property

Message 22 of 68
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The city gov intentionally kept the forcast low keyed because of what happened during Hurricane Rita. The Media told everyone to get out and the interstates got clogged up so bad no one was able to move and cars ran out of gas sitting in traffic. Then when the flooding came, people lost their vehicles and lives. So far there are only 5 reported deaths due to Harvey and practically no vehicles submerged on the interstate highways that are flooded. Pretty good statistics. I may not support the media deception but it definately saved lives and property

That was it, Hurricane Rita - my friend told me of a previous hurricane where people were told to evacuate and it was a nightmare. He had a friend who spent 14 hours on a freeway trying to get out and then said to hell with it, turned around & was back home in 1/2 hour.

Message 23 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohio...round on the ends and "hi" in the middle, O-HI-O.

Oh yeah, Go St. Xavier HS Bombers, defending Ohio Div 1 football champions!  And Go University of Cincinnati Bearcats just cuz my kids go there and the tailgates are fun.

Message 24 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

San Diego, California

Message 25 of 68
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY in the house!!!

Message 26 of 68
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Florida Keys...currently hiding in Hattiesburg, MS from what was Hurricane Irma.

Message 27 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boston Massachusetts.

Message 28 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rhode Island

Message 29 of 68
bldmt
Regular Contributor

New Hampshire

Donnie and Sasha - We need to hear from Maine, and Vermont

Message 30 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.