Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with a $5 Amazon Gift Card?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

What to do with a $5 Amazon Gift Card?

Secu refused to give me the gift card at first so I had to press customer service until I recieved the card. Now that I have $5 Amazon gift card what should I do with it? I've never used Amazon before. I'm probably going to wait for my discover to have 5% category for Amazon before I use it and I also know ebates gives discounts. Anyone know of any further discounts I could try to get and I also want to buy something that I would have otherwise bought even without the gift card.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do with a $5 Amazon Gift Card?

Hi SubE.  The folks here are not a good judge of what you might enjoy buying.  There is almost nothing that Amazon doesn't sell, however.  So just visit their site closer to when you think you might want to make a purchase, scout around on it, find what you want, and the giftcard will give you $5 off the price.

Message 2 of 9
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi SubE.  The folks here are not a good judge of what you might enjoy buying.  There is almost nothing that Amazon doesn't sell, however.  So just visit their site closer to when you think you might want to make a purchase, scout around on it, find what you want, and the giftcard will give you $5 off the price.

I couldn't really find anything useful on Amazon that I couldn't buy cheaper elsewhere. $4.99 things were worth it because it's free but it'd be buying things I don't need just to burn $5. Do you think I could sell off the card?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 3 of 9
iced
Valued Contributor

Download 5 0.99 cent songs you like.

Message 4 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just looking on giftcardgranny, you could get up to $4.25 for it.   But is ANY effort, including starting this thread, worth it for such small amounts.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few .99 MP3's?

Message 6 of 9
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

I feel like I'm being trolled, never "used" Amazin before? Can't find anything to buy? Baffled...

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I am the wrong person to ask this to...

Been a Prime customer for at least 5-6 years now, and try as hard as I can to avoid buying things in stores if Amazon sells them, even if I have to pay an extra dollar or two because convenience is usually king.

You can buy almost everything on Amazon these days, and they do generally tend to have the cheapest prices as well, especially if you have Prime, or buy enough at once to get free shipping.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon gift cards are pretty nice in any denomination.  Why?  because once you add them to your account, they NEVER expire.  So you could quite literally add it, then let that $5 sit there for years if necessary until you DO want to by something, then it will automatically apply to the order

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.