casteevo

Re: What wallet do you use?

Message 11 of 29
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions!

So far I really like this Tumi wallet:

http://www.amazon.com/Horizon-Single-Billfold-Black-Size/dp/B002BWP172/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=135619...

and the Johnston & Murphy Hipster wallet that SwitftTone suggested. Question for you sir - I could really use all of the card slots of this wallet, but I've never had a wallet this tall, does it feel too big and/or too thick compare to a slim-ish wallet? I keep my wallet in the front pocket, will I have trouble fitting it there? Thanks!

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=758&sc=758&pid=68419

I've been doing research on this for quite a while now and so far you guys have been the most helpful, thanks! I hadn't even heard of these companies until now.

Message 12 of 29
BearOSO
Contributor

Message 13 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

@BearOSO wrote:

It was a gift but boy does it smell and feel good. 

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446166054&CAWELAID=1...

Did it feel even better after you checked the price? Cat Wink

Message 14 of 29
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Come on guys, wallets ruin the view.  Get a man bag.  LOL.

Message 15 of 29
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I remember one day waiting in line in a department store. As the young woman in front of me reached the counter, she unfolded her wallet, which displayed a fan-shaped line-up of her four visa cards more colorful than a dancing peacock. Why on earth would anyone get all visa cards? Maybe she got a discount at some stores, I don't know. Or maybe she urgently felt she wouldn't be part of a group of fellow young people until her dress code was complete.

What is it with women and their handbags, purses and wallets by the way? I have been wondering about that for years. And now I finally looked into it. A Handbag Study Reveals British Women Are Most Purse-Obsessed and that "American women don't rank too far behind in second place." Do you too feel that "A girl's handbag is more than just an accessory. It's a sartorial companion"?

Message 16 of 29
greenpang
Contributor

Jumping in the boys' club here.

All of the wallets posted have been for men, but I spent two weeks scouring the Internet for the perfect wallet, and I'm extremely picky.

So for any women who are checking out this thread (or for men who want a tip on a great wallet to buy your wife) --

I wanted a very fashionable wallet with MANY credit card slots. This was especially difficult for me to find because I prefer the bifold/trifold style to the accordion style, and 75-80% of women's designer wallets are only available in accordion style.

I finally found this fantastic Rebecca Minkoff wallet to fulfill my criteria (it actually has 22 credit card slots! -- it only says 16, but there are 6 hidden bonus slots!). I was a bit iffy about it when I ordered it (I thought I might prefer the external appearance of this Milly wallet, which is accordion style) -- but when it arrived in person, I was far more pleased than I expected to be. My Rebecca Minkoff wallet is made of high quality ostrich leather in a classy grey tone and feels extremely nice to the touch. The detail along the edges is gorgeous -- stiff edge of a zipper appearance, but durable and well-built. I have all 22 card slots filled, and the wallet still maintains an ideal shape; it closes completely and does not appear "stuffed." Also, a removable zipped pouch sits nicely in a compartment under the bottom portion and adds a nice touch.

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 17 of 29
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

The Rebecca Minkoff wallet is very nice I like it a lot.

Message 18 of 29
percy81
Frequent Contributor

I use my Iphone phone case, it has a backdoor where I can fit 3 cards!! Smiley Happy My crapital one on the other hand hasn't and will not see light again!

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 19 of 29
p-
Valued Contributor

@QuantumCredit wrote:

I'm talking about an actual wallet. I've had mine forever and it doesn't hold that many cards, so I've kept some of my cards where cash is supposed to go and I recently decided to get a new one, but after looking for an hour on amazon I couldn't really find something I like, they are either too thick, or I don't like the design or the color or the leather or the brand,  I am superpicky about this lol. So I figured I would ask you, what wallet do you use and why do you like it? I am talking up to $50, but I would be willing to spend a bit more if it is raelly a terrific product.

I saw a pretty slick one at a Coach outlet while picking up a gift for my wife and debated buying it.  It was real slim, and didn't hold a lot of cards, but even with the discount was about 80 bucks so I declined.

But this is an awesome thread...  I'll probably end up buying one of the ones you all suggested.  

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.