casteevo

Re: What wallet do you use?

New Contributor
QuantumCredit

Thank you for your suggestions!

So far I really like this Tumi wallet:

http://www.amazon.com/Horizon-Single-Billfold-Black-Size/dp/B002BWP172/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=135619...

and the Johnston & Murphy Hipster wallet that SwitftTone suggested. Question for you sir - I could really use all of the card slots of this wallet, but I've never had a wallet this tall, does it feel too big and/or too thick compare to a slim-ish wallet? I keep my wallet in the front pocket, will I have trouble fitting it there? Thanks!

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=758&sc=758&pid=68419

I've been doing research on this for quite a while now and so far you guys have been the most helpful, thanks! I hadn't even heard of these companies until now.

Contributor
BearOSO

Blogger
HiLine

BearOSO wrote:

It was a gift but boy does it smell and feel good. 

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446166054&CAWELAID=1...

Did it feel even better after you checked the price? :catwink:

Senior Contributor
fishbjc

Come on guys, wallets ruin the view.  Get a man bag.  LOL.

Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

I remember one day waiting in line in a department store. As the young woman in front of me reached the counter, she unfolded her wallet, which displayed a fan-shaped line-up of her four visa cards more colorful than a dancing peacock. Why on earth would anyone get all visa cards? Maybe she got a discount at some stores, I don't know. Or maybe she urgently felt she wouldn't be part of a group of fellow young people until her dress code was complete.

What is it with women and their handbags, purses and wallets by the way? I have been wondering about that for years. And now I finally looked into it. A Handbag Study Reveals British Women Are Most Purse-Obsessed and that "American women don't rank too far behind in second place." Do you too feel that "A girl's handbag is more than just an accessory. It's a sartorial companion"?

Are you living within your means?
Contributor
greenpang

[ Edited ]

Jumping in the boys' club here.

All of the wallets posted have been for men, but I spent two weeks scouring the Internet for the perfect wallet, and I'm extremely picky.

So for any women who are checking out this thread (or for men who want a tip on a great wallet to buy your wife) --

I wanted a very fashionable wallet with MANY credit card slots. This was especially difficult for me to find because I prefer the bifold/trifold style to the accordion style, and 75-80% of women's designer wallets are only available in accordion style.

I finally found this fantastic Rebecca Minkoff wallet to fulfill my criteria (it actually has 22 credit card slots! -- it only says 16, but there are 6 hidden bonus slots!). I was a bit iffy about it when I ordered it (I thought I might prefer the external appearance of this Milly wallet, which is accordion style) -- but when it arrived in person, I was far more pleased than I expected to be. My Rebecca Minkoff wallet is made of high quality ostrich leather in a classy grey tone and feels extremely nice to the touch. The detail along the edges is gorgeous -- stiff edge of a zipper appearance, but durable and well-built. I have all 22 card slots filled, and the wallet still maintains an ideal shape; it closes completely and does not appear "stuffed." Also, a removable zipped pouch sits nicely in a compartment under the bottom portion and adds a nice touch.

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Frequent Contributor
ShiningDown

The Rebecca Minkoff wallet is very nice I like it a lot.

Regular Contributor
percy81

I use my Iphone phone case, it has a backdoor where I can fit 3 cards!! :smileyhappy: My crapital one on the other hand hasn't and will not see light again!

Current: TU 753 EQ 755 EX 753 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: Chase freedom 3,300 /Discover IT 2,250/ Zales 6,000/Care credit 10,000 / kohls 1,500/ LensCrafters 2,400/Capital1 platinum 1,000
Valued Contributor
p-

QuantumCredit wrote:

I'm talking about an actual wallet. I've had mine forever and it doesn't hold that many cards, so I've kept some of my cards where cash is supposed to go and I recently decided to get a new one, but after looking for an hour on amazon I couldn't really find something I like, they are either too thick, or I don't like the design or the color or the leather or the brand,  I am superpicky about this lol. So I figured I would ask you, what wallet do you use and why do you like it? I am talking up to $50, but I would be willing to spend a bit more if it is raelly a terrific product.

I saw a pretty slick one at a Coach outlet while picking up a gift for my wife and debated buying it.  It was real slim, and didn't hold a lot of cards, but even with the discount was about 80 bucks so I declined.

But this is an awesome thread...  I'll probably end up buying one of the ones you all suggested.  

12-15-14: FICO EXP: 813 - EQU:802 - TRAN: 756 - AVG: 790 +240 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}