Roger Waters
Paul McCartney
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Steely Dan

Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was the best concert(s) you have been to

Luther Vandross (too many times to mention) love him!!
Lauryn Hill
Frankie Beverly & Maze (too many times to mention) They are amazing!!
Message 23 of 46
marty56
Super Contributor

mrscharlie wrote:
Paul McCartney

I'm a Crosby fanboy.  I saw Paul at the Alamodome and had great seats.  I had a choice of 2 dates and I picked the one that complained we were sitting too close.  Go figure.  My FICO score wasnt the only thing I got together during the last 5 years or so.

Message Edited by marty56 on 07-10-2008 06:58 PM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 24 of 46
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I judge a concert by the quality of the music, the quality and timing of the whole event and the quality of the companion Smiley Very Happy

That is why I went for S&G
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 25 of 46
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

Opeth/DreamTheater (Progressive Nation Tour)May 26, 08/ Constitution Hall DC...OPeth is my current favorite artist, and has been for the past five years. DreamTheater is in a genre of their own --Virtuosos's all, and all of them out of Berklee where my son is to attend this fall--but both are progressive metal. Anyway, This was the first time seeing DreamTheater and they blew me away, but since they were headlining, their sound was pitch perfect while Opeth's sound sucked.Horrible mixing, crappy volume. This was fourth time seeing Opeth.

What made this the best (recent) concert -- and I attend concerts 5-7 times a year -- was that my sons (both musicians)and I had a private audience with Opeth 20 minutes after they finished their set. I'm not the strarstruck type AT ALL, but it was like meeting Mozart to me. I highly esteem this band, I contemplate this band like the religious contemplate God, and I was unable to concentrate on anything else for days. They were most magnanimous and gracious to us and that really surprised me.

Anyway, they return to the MD/VA venues this September. I have not used any of my cards for five months now, but you can **bleep** well bet I will definitely whip one of them out for tix when they go on sale. Screw the score!
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

marty56 wrote:

mrscharlie wrote:
Paul McCartney

I'm a Crosby fanboy.  I saw Paul at the Alamodome and had great seats.  I had a choice of 2 dates and I picked the one that complained we were sitting too close.  Go figure.  My FICO score wasnt the only thing I got together during the last 5 years or so.

Message Edited by marty56 on 07-10-2008 06:58 PM

Right.  I, too, have upgraded in the date department since I saw Paul.  My BF at the time made the experience far less enjoyable than it would have otherwise been.  But new DH and I had a GREAT time at Roger Waters!!
Message 27 of 46
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

I am a certified concert ...er...the word would get me spanked. 

Last year, Phil Collins and Genesis, Roger Waters, Todd Rundgren and the New Cars, plus a couple that were less memorable.

The best?

I loved Lilith Fair.
CSNY at MSG
Debi Hari at 60 - still going strong
Roger Waters (with a long break to get food during "Leaving Beirut")

My absolute favorites were in the 80's though that would age me.

atlast...off to see Rush tomorrow
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a parrot-head; so Buffett, anywhere. I've been to his shows up and down both coasts and cannot remember one that I thought was slacking. It's always worth the ticket price to peruse the tailgators in the parking lot.
Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every single Metallica show I have been to! Metallica live is the business!
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.