The Cars, 1980

David Bowie, 1983

Public Image Limited, 1986

Message 31 of 46
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: What was the best concert(s) you have been to

Ok, two come to mind right now!

Ozzfest at the Gorge in George, Washington. Not only the music, but the location. Blistering heat all day long and then the sun starts to set behind the hills and casts a red and orange haze over the Columbia river which flows directly behind the stage. Its 30,000 people out in the middle of nowhere. The best bands: Black Sabbath, Korn, Black Label Society.

Second, Disturbed at the Tacoma Dome. It's the worst arena to see a concert in. Way to big, lowsy accoustics, but seeing my nine month pregnant wife in the pit right in front of the stage was awsome. She is such a trooper.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizbuster wrote:

Ok, two come to mind right now!

Ozzfest at the Gorge in George, Washington. Not only the music, but the location. Blistering heat all day long and then the sun starts to set behind the hills and casts a red and orange haze over the Columbia river which flows directly behind the stage. Its 30,000 people out in the middle of nowhere. The best bands: Black Sabbath, Korn, Black Label Society.

Second, Disturbed at the Tacoma Dome. It's the worst arena to see a concert in. Way to big, lowsy accoustics, but seeing my nine month pregnant wife in the pit right in front of the stage was awsome. She is such a trooper.

I've never been to an Ozzfest show but I did see Sabbath in 1981 when they had Ronnie James Dio on vocals.  The Outlaws opened for them.  Then I saw Ozzy with Motley Crue opening in 1984.  That was amazing!
Message 33 of 46
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

My best concert ever was Ozzfest 2004. That year had one of the best lineups ever.

Black Sabbath, (Not just Ozzy)

Judas Priest, (Right after Rob Halford rejoined the band)

Slayer,

Black Label Society.

Message 34 of 46
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Hard to decide since I am a concert junkie.

HMMMM--- 1. Pink Floyd Ohio Stadium

2. Rolling Stones- Bogarts

3. Beastie Boys- Columbus

4. Rock On the range Last year.. Stone Temple Pilots, Disturbed, Serj Tankin, Kid Rock, ETC.....

5  Hank Williams, Lynard Skynard

This list could go on forever.... 

2wheel
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did go to Ozzfest also in the late 90's and it was in the blistering florida heat and I nearly passed out. Bands were good but situation was god awful.

My favorite concerts were Sting and Depeche Mode (seen them several times, always awesome).

Message 36 of 46
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Itzhak Perlman, solo performance, in Cedar Rapids, sometime in the 1980s.

My parents took me.  Got us tickets front and center; I could hear him breathe.  We also had a green room pass for after the performance, so I got to meet the man himself.  He let me hold his violin.  Cool stuff.

Also,

REM at the UIC Pavillion in 1988 I believe

Public Enemy in the late 80s - I caught Flavor Flav's towel!

Billy Bragg at the Avalon night club in Chicago - front and center again; I grabbed his play list that was taped to one of the floor speakers

The Pogues in Chicago - can't remember the location 

Message 37 of 46
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Lel wrote:

Itzhak Perlman, solo performance, in Cedar Rapids, sometime in the 1980s.

My parents took me.  Got us tickets front and center; I could hear him breathe.  We also had a green room pass for after the performance, so I got to meet the man himself.  He let me hold his violin.  Cool stuff.

Also,

REM at the UIC Pavillion in 1988 I believe

Public Enemy in the late 80s - I caught Flavor Flav's towel!

Billy Bragg at the Avalon night club in Chicago - front and center again; I grabbed his play list that was taped to one of the floor speakers

The Pogues in Chicago - can't remember the location 

What? Flav didn't throw a clock?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I forgot when I first posted that I have been to a concert in this millennium. I took DH (for his birthday) to an Alison Krauss and Union Station/ High Mountain Tour concert with Ralph Stanley. This was right after "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" and "Cold Mountain" came out, and she was in maximum cross-over. Very touching to see all of them with Ralph Stanley, all those generations of bluegrass together.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 39 of 46
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Saw two concerts this decade. One by choice, one because I was doing a good customer a huge favor.

The choice--The Isley Brothers and Angela Winbush (2007)
The Favor--The "Rock the Mic Tour" (2003) My former employer has a luxury suite at Bradley Center and my customer's college-aged kids wanted to go to this concert and bring some friends along. As much as I loved rap of old, I don't hold the same love for the rap of today (too profane and insane for me). Anyway, the aroma was so thick, that you would get a contact high, by opening the glass doors to the suite. It was terrible. The only redeeming quality of this concert was that Beyonce came out for a cameo appearance and performed "Crazy In Love"

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.