Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your first post?

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

What was your first post?

So, as I have been here now, what, almost 16 months... I started thinking back to what my first post was, and how uninformed I was.. Mine was relating to if I paid and OC, can I dispute the CA tradeline..  oh i remember being so uninformed...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Paid-original-creditor-can-CA-tradeline-be-di...

What was your first post about?!?! You don't have to link if ya don't want to..-- you can see by going to your own profile, click on view all of your posts, then going to the last page..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: What was your first post?

I'm old so I had to check my account here and the oldest saved post for me was from 11-29-2009 where I mentioned the debt snowball approach to getting out of CC debt.  IMHO it must have been a rant on BofA. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my first post, from early last year:

HELLO GOING FOR FOR MOTGUAGE AT LUNCHT IME WHAT ARE MY CHANCE? PROB. HAVING TACOS AGAIN./ 5 DISPOUTES THIS MORNING. ALSO 2NITE FOR CAR LOAN ($30K, IUS THIS GOOD DEAL?) AND PALLADIUM, SWEET CARD! anyway UTIL IS 135.3468%. APPS ARE DECLINE WHY!

But seriously, my first post was a decent car loan approval in the approvals thread, about 1.5 years ago. So I guess my AAoP is under two years. Still a rookie!

(EDIT: going for over-the-top rediculous, not trying to offend folks we try very hard to help.)

Message 3 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

HELLO GOING FOR FOR MOTGUAGE AT LUNCHT IME WHAT ARE MY CHANCE? PROB. HAVING TACOS AGAIN./ 5 DISPOUTES THIS MORNING. ALSO 2NITE FOR CAR LOAN ($30K, IUS THIS GOOD DEAL?) AND PALLADIUM, SWEET CARD! anyway UTIL IS 135.3468%. APPS ARE DECLINE WHY!

But seriously, my first post was a decent car loan approval in the approvals thread, about 1.5 years ago. So I guess my AAoP is under two years. Still a rookie!

(EDIT: going for over-the-top rediculous, not trying to offend folks we try very hard to help.)

This. was. awesome....

haha

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This. was. awesome....

haha

+1.   Best post that I have seen, hands down.    Bravo, sir.   Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 9
demi
Established Contributor

Wow, just looked back, October 16, 2007...didn't realize it had been so long.  I posted about how things were coming around, been in a DMP and almost done, was looking at houses.  Funny, my next post was about finding the house, how fortunate I was, it was a "steal"...I got it for about $100,000 less than others with the same floor plan was (brand new house, at that point hadn't been started yet).   Yeesh, the new ones (after the developer went bankrupt and someone else is constructing) are now about 80,000 less than I paid.  Oh well, bought it to live in, I love it, and I still think it was a steal (certainly compared to where I had moved from, the Monterey area).

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Mine was "How do you change your username around here?"

When I signed up I used my real name on accident.  I got a fast reply from llecs.  I remember being too embarrassed to post the bad things on my credit at first.  Boy, I've come a long way baby!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 7 of 9
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

September 2011, had just been declined for a mortgage and was grossly unaware of my true scores/credit picture. It was a "what are my chances" and "should I be patient" baring my credit soul post.  Happy to say, my scores are now 100 points higher, thanks to this board, my mortgage app is heading to the UW next week, and the lot was cleared for my new home yesterday.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember my first post was about fustrations with capital one and them not sending me my card. I had already been approved, 2 weeks later card never came in so I called them. They still had it and never shipped it out. Said they would ship it express, a few days later no card, called back in and they still had my card.

I was fustrated as to why they just wouldnt send me my card and posted about it. Was panicking because it had been a month and the annual fee had posted so I had 3 weeks now to pay the bill and no card and no online billing set up.

Turns out the third time I called they just verified my info and sent it. Now looking back on it I am guessing they were cautious because I had used an address not on my credit reports. My student loans had been taken out back when I lived with my parents and that address was the one on the CR. I used my apartment for the app so seeing a new address not on the credit report I guess they were just a bit cautious.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.