Valued Contributor

Re: Whats your new years resolution? for 2014

[ Edited ]

Good thread!

No new apps in 2014

1 HP at mid year to get Discover CL high enough for serious home repair project

Get Discover APR reduced from 11.24 to 9.99

Reduce from seven cards to five

The middle two aren't totally in my control of course, but I can try.

Oh yeah, get all three scores over 760 and keep them there and growing.

- Stay in the garden and reach gold in June 2014.

- Raise credit score all 3 CRA to 670 by March 2014; with the hope of 700 by June 2014.

- Keep rebuilding for 2014. At the end of 2014 look into home loans for 2015- Purchase my first house!

Starting Score: 530
Current Score: 638
Goal Score by 6/2014: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor

• No new apps. I have everything I need, credit-wise
  • Stay on track with money management and credit report monitoring
  • Hit 800 on at least one of my scores
  • Quit smoking and put that money in savings
Starting Score: EQ 607 TU 693
Current Score: EX myFICO 758 - EQ myFICO 835 - TU08 (via Discover) 747 - TU myFICO 748
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!
Frequent Contributor

No new apps or CLI's that are hps this year. 

Get rid of my revolver debt.

Get my name as a co-signer off my cousins student loan finally.

Get all three scores over 800. My score gos over 800 offten but falls back to 790s. I want all three over 800

Valued Contributor

Increase my level of Financial Literacy and how not to use debt to pay for expenses.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
New Contributor

- new car

- have QuicksilverOne cards pc'd to QS World Mastercards with at least 5K limits

- put enough spend on Barclays Arrival for free flights to pay for at least one more free flight on Arrival along with sign up bonus

- finally finish this court case so my ex wife can begin paying child support. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Established Member

For finances:

- Payoff debt

- Double my available credit (currently very low compared to income)

- Build a substantial savings buffer

- Scores above 720 in preparation for a 2015 house purchase

For everything else:

- Release my first personal iPhone app to the App Store (I'm an enterprise app developer, so all my work is internal, proprietary, and secret). 

- Lose 80 pounds, or whatever is possible. I've dropped 12 in January already. Now it will slow down and I'll have to kick up working out. 

- Learn Russian (took a semester in college, want to pick it back up).

In the garden til 8/31/14
Start 12/13: EX: 645 EQ: 676 TU: 672
GOAL: 720+ across the board
In my Wallet: Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards: $5,500; Capital One Platinum: $3,000; Barclay's Apple Visa: $2000; Chase Freedom: $2,000; Discover More: $1200; Orchard Bank: $400

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.