Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to check?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to check?

I have used a few credit reporting services and simulators when deciding what steps to take to improve my credit in the past few weeks. Most are FAKO's that I simply used to get an idea of what changes seemed to make the most impact. I have copies of of my report from the 3 bureaus from early 2014 and one from 2 weeks ago via annual credit report. (experian I believe) In the last week, I have paid down some balances, rec'd a CLI and been approved for 2 new cards. I am chomping at the bit to see what overall effect it has made on my score compared to where I was a couple years ago and to see what effect these changes made since before I made them. I would prefer to save the other 2 free reports until later in the year. I have considered paying for a full report via this site, but I also want to make sure that I get updated information when I do. I considered buying an yearly membership, but that is hard to swallow since I do not plan on making any changes for 4-6 months if I can help it. (so it is what it is, regardless of whether I look at it or not)

Basically, how long after I made these changes should I wait to make sure that the information I see on my CR is up to date and include the recent changes. A week, a month, 3 months? I understand that it may well be up to the specific agencies reprting, but I am also beyond excited to see the quantitative impact of the choices I have made.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to check?

Gnerally give it a month to ensure that everything that has changed is up to date.  Some things will report much earlier but others will take that long.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for Fico to update seems to be in dog years. I have the patience of a 5 year old on the way to Disney World. Use Credit Karma for two of three to see what is updated. When it is all there, pull the trigger for real scores.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Waiting for Fico to update seems to be in dog years. I have the patience of a 5 year old on the way to Disney World. Use Credit Karma for two of three to see what is updated. When it is all there, pull the trigger for real scores.

Good Luck!

Same here, ha. That's what I figured. I haven't even rec'd my new cards yet and I can't wait for those, either. (even though I'm not going to use them right away) NOW NOW NOW!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.