cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you physically keep unused cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do you physically keep unused cards?

My son and I were just talking about this 15 minutes ago. According to him, they are "in an unsafe safe."

They're in my fireproof lock box along with birth certificates, passports and other important small stuff. I don't actually lock the thing though. I'm not concerned about a robbery or anything. Probably when he's older, I'll actually lock it, just so he and/or his friends can't get in there.
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw some Youtube videos about how easy it is to get into some safes, and after that I decided not to go that route. It sounds like some of the safes described in the thread so far are definitely done the right way: built into the house or super heavy and hard to move. But I live in an apartment, so the owners would probably frown on the kind of modifications it would take to install one of those!  I'm leaning more toward the "security through obscurity" theme from others. 

Message 22 of 33
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I keep mine stuffed in my underwear, even my wife hasn't looked in there in years
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 23 of 33
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I have safe for all the guns and goodies
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 24 of 33
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Sometime ago I read about "sock drawering it" so I just put mine in the sock drawer. Still do.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 25 of 33
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:
I keep mine stuffed in my underwear, even my wife hasn't looked in there in years

Doesn't that make it kind of hard to walk?? Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 26 of 33
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Doesn't that make it kind of hard to walk?? Lol

You don't know the half of it Smiley Tongue

Message 27 of 33
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's common to say unused cards go in the "sock drawer," but where do you actually keep them?

Sock drawer. Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 33
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

How do you live without a sock drawer?! Smiley Surprised

Lol! I keep mine in a mini plastic storage bin on my desk. I also keep extra usb cords in there. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 29 of 33
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@CatOfSpades wrote:

How do you live without a sock drawer?! Smiley Surprised

Lol! I keep mine in a mini plastic storage bin on my desk. I also keep extra usb cords in there. 

Irontically my unused USB cords are always in my sock drawer. Along with my wallet when I'm at home..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.