CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Where will you be in four years?

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

The title asks the question. 

Got plans?

In terms of credit, or in general?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I'll play.

In four years:

Hopefully married with at least one kid and trying for a second.

Have a mortgage in a school district that doesn't suck.

Creditwise:

720 FICO, may be a stretch as I still have some paid negatives that won't be gone by 2016.

Amex BCP

US Bank Cash+

Likely either Chase CSP or BOFA Travel Rewards Preferred

Some USAA card, primarly for limit and balance floating

May keep the Zync that long, if Amex lets me.  Removing balance from FICO '04 calc for the complete win.

Possibly some other card to round out my portfolio depending how often I still continue to eat out (betting kinda rarely).  

This all presumes that there is no changes in rewards in the industry (yeah right), but if I were four years ahead right now, that's what my target would be.

        
Message 3 of 33
masscredit
Valued Contributor

My BK was discharged the beginning of '10, 9 months later, two credit cards, one of them secured, $700. total credit line. Jump ahead one year, 3 cards, about $1500. in available credit and a high interest auto loan. Now, 8 cards, total credit line getting close to $10k, still have the auto loan (needs to be refinanced). By this time next year, I'd like to have about $15k in available credit (maybe more), getting into prime cards and the auto loan refinanced. Four year from now, hopefully what happened to me when the economy took a dive is just a story that I tell while sitting around with buddies once in awhile. I doubt I'll be back where I was before unless I come up with another good business idea. But I hope to not have to wonder if I'll be approved for credit when I want/need it. Maybe even a new mortgage.

Time heals old wounds and credit as long as you take care of them! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

The title asks the question. 

Got plans?

Answer: not a freaking clue. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. And leave us with naught but grief and pain instead of promised joy.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 33
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

hmm ill play as well. 

ill be 25. 

no inq on reports. 

aaoa with amex's help should be about 5 years by then so at least 730 scores (since i currently have no baddies and dont plan on getting any)

moving to san diego or pheonix. (from new england) 

graduated with my double major in comp sci/business.

no school debt.(associates done already and debt is 0)

in at least a 1 year relationship with some brunette bombshell.

just taking life easy. 

p.s. planing on buying a new car. towards the end of that pipe dream.

edit: this should probably get moved to the smorgas boards/

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I will be 25.

Goals:                                                                                                                 Progress:

Own at least 1 positive income investment home.                                    $9k for the down payment and closing costs.

Have at least a BA degree with no student loans.                                     Completed about 110 credits.

$50,000 in a diversified investment portfolio                                              $30,000 Mutual funds, P2P loans, precious metals

Get current car paid off then get a different car with my own cash.        Borrowed $15k from a relative and still owe them $3,900.

$250,000 in revolving credit limits with utilization between 1-4%.          Up to about $20,000 longs ways to go.

Good stable credit score near 800                                                               Fluctuates rapidly but settles between 720-730

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

What about you OP? What are your plans?

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

In general? I'll probably be doing the same thing I'm doing now, as I'm quite happy with where I'm at and how things are progressing.

Credit-wise? Who knows, products come and go so often these days. 4 years ago nobody had ever heard about the CSP. Now plenty of people want it, and I'm sure in 4 years time there will be something else that everyone wants.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Making any big decisions like house purchases? Got any investment goals in mind?

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.