cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

AT&T: 2 iPhones and an iPad with unlimited data (grandfathered in!) and 700 min voice which I never use. 20% discount through my work. I pay $128/month

My brother just did the TMobile switch and is very happy. He pays about half what I do, but more voice and less data.

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 11 of 38
Super Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?


Galaim wrote:

AT&T: 2 iPhones and an iPad with unlimited data (grandfathered in!) and 700 min voice which I never use. 20% discount through my work. I pay $128/month

My brother just did the TMobile switch and is very happy. He pays about half what I do, but more voice and less data.


Heck of a deal you've got there!

 

I'm considering switching mine and our entire phones iPhones over, if only for T-Mobiles free int'l roaming.  I'm sick and tired of having to carry a separate GSM device when I'm overseas.

 

 

Message 12 of 38
Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?


Open123 wrote:

Galaim wrote:

AT&T: 2 iPhones and an iPad with unlimited data (grandfathered in!) and 700 min voice which I never use. 20% discount through my work. I pay $128/month

My brother just did the TMobile switch and is very happy. He pays about half what I do, but more voice and less data.


Heck of a deal you've got there!

 

I'm considering switching mine and our entire phones iPhones over, if only for T-Mobiles free int'l roaming.  I'm sick and tired of having to carry a separate GSM device when I'm overseas.

 

 


I can't complain AT ALL. I'll do whatever I have to do to continue to have unlimited data  - even pay full price for phones if they make that change. My spouse and I use our devices CONSTANTLY, so this is a heck of a sweet deal for us.

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 13 of 38
Established Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

AT&T I get 20% on my monthly bill, also 20% on accessories Job discount (also same discount available for Verizon).

Fico 8 11/8/16
Equifax 836, TransUnion 836 12/30/16 , Experian 842 1/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 14 of 38
Established Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

AT&T.

 

2 x iphones 700 shared minutes and both have unlimited data.

2 x ipads with unlimited data

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 15 of 38
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

I use Straight Talk.  $45 a month for unlimited everything, no issues with dropped calls etc.

Message 16 of 38
Moderator

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

Sprint: who recently (couple months ago) dropped their prices substantially.

 

I'd gotten the notice I think in early December about new pricing structure, didn't look into it until the other day and then realized I'd be saving near 500/year for my unlimited voice / text / data plan.  /facepalm

 

Not certain on the T-Mobile pricing structure but I've generally been pretty happy with Sprint over the past decade and short of a substantial discount I'm not likely to switch over $100/yr or whatever.  So many other things which cost me more in my life to fix than that.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 38
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?


guiness56 wrote:

I use Straight Talk.  $45 a month for unlimited everything, no issues with dropped calls etc.


Hahaha....I knew we had something in common.   Dad blam Straight Talk makes me mad sometimes...but I think it's mostly my iPhone I brought from AT&T.   The Customer Service is horrible...I bought my gf a Galaxy s3 and she's havin all kinds of problems with the service...it's a freakn SPRINT PHONE....those dummies sent her a SPRINT s3.  Those stupid idiots.   I get pretty good service...I love the no contract.  Been with them for probably 2 years....I think i've only had 2 issues with them so far.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)


Message 18 of 38
Epic Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?


Lechte wrote:

guiness56 wrote:

I use Straight Talk.  $45 a month for unlimited everything, no issues with dropped calls etc.


Hahaha....I knew we had something in common.   Dad blam Straight Talk makes me mad sometimes...but I think it's mostly my iPhone I brought from AT&T.   The Customer Service is horrible...I bought my gf a Galaxy s3 and she's havin all kinds of problems with the service...it's a freakn SPRINT PHONE....those dummies sent her a SPRINT s3.  Those stupid idiots.   I get pretty good service...I love the no contract.  Been with them for probably 2 years....I think i've only had 2 issues with them so far.


Lol.  I have a non-smart phone and never any issues.  My daughter has the Straight Talk iPhone 4 and has issues with the phone itself but not the service.  She wants the Straight Talk Galaxy S3 but isn't willing to pay $600 for it.

Message 19 of 38
Super Contributor

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

If I didn't need int'l roaming, or multiple business lines where call reliability is essential (even now, for the most important things, we still use a landline and ethernet), here's what I would do:

 

Assuming T-Mobile has good coverage (excellent coverage and extremely high LTE speeds in urban locations) in your area.

 

1)  Buy the $39.99 T-Mobile Prepaid Starter Kit from Walmart, which includes $30 credit.

2)  Makes you eligible for the 100 call minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data (5GB at LTE speeds, then throttled) with no overages for $30.

3)  Use Talkatone with google voice for "free" calling on WiFi or LTE.

4)  In May of this year, when Google will no longer allow third party apps, use skype (or, something similar) for $2.95 per month for unlimited VOIP calling via WiFi or LTE.

 

Pick the GSM phone of your choice.  Essentially, it's a no contract, $30 per month for service more than adequate for most users.  Of course, I'd buy the T-Mobile cards from Best Buy double dipping with shopdiscover and paying with US Bank's 5% electronics store.  Smiley Happy  Biggest savings?  Being spared the exorbitant extortion-like Federal and local taxes and levies on cell phone bills--17% in CA, and 23% in NY.

 

*Edited*  For example, Microsoft has their Nokia 521 on sale for $69.99, which will work with the above plan.  I know, it's Windows 8, but at least it isn't a Blackberry!

Message 20 of 38