Senior Contributor
Open123

Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

Just curious if anyone has thought of taking advantage of T-Mobiles newly announced Uncarrier 4.0.

http://www.ibtimes.com/t-mobile-uncarrier-40-plan-how-can-john-legeres-company-afford-cover-early-te...

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Re: Which Cell Phone carrier do you use?

Open123 wrote:

Just curious if anyone has thought of taking advantage of T-Mobiles newly announced Uncarrier 4.0.

http://www.ibtimes.com/t-mobile-uncarrier-40-plan-how-can-john-legeres-company-afford-cover-early-te...

I use VZW.

I do caution ANYONE looking to jump on this deal (or any deal for that matter) to read the fine print.

Remember, all of these carriers are FOR-PROFIT companies and people make a LOT of money to make sure they remain profitable.

Look at how they will make sure they remain profitable, by attracting you to their service with this "gimmick".

I've sadly had ALL carriers, and IMO - you do get what you pay for.

Senior Contributor
Open123

Repo-ed wrote:

I do caution ANYONE looking to jump on this deal (or any deal for that matter) to read the fine print.

Remember, all of these carriers are FOR-PROFIT companies and people make a LOT of money to make sure they remain profitable.

Agreed!

However, I'm always interested and enthused when it comes to potentially paying less for a similar service.  In my view, bandwidth in a large Metropolitan area such as mine, and has become a commodotized product.

I'm always looking to cut costs.

Established Member
hilarybanks

I switched from AT&T to AIO Wireless and I'm saving a fortune. It's the exact same cell phone towers and network with unlimited data and minutes for half of the price. Brought my old iPhone over. 

Barclay Visa Fin $1500 | Wal-Mart Discover $2000 | AmEx BCE $3000 | Target $3000 | Slate Visa $4800 | Hyatt Visa $5000

Last App: 3/16/2014 (Current FICO 740 per 4/07/14 Barclay FICO)
Valued Contributor
juggalo9er

pass, at & t 2 lines 6 gig of data, with corporate discount i only pay 95 a month and my phone works where i know for a fact t mobile and other carriers do not

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart 300 lowes 500 cap 1 2000 Barclay rewards 800 upromise 800
Indiana Members Platinum Visa $10,000 forum credit union mastercard 12,000, forum 7.24% 2,500
lender pull Equifax 674 Transunion 674 Isaac 698
24 months post chapter 7 discharge starting mid score was a 557
as of 12/25 Equifax 698 tu 696 Isaac 712!
Senior Contributor
DaBears

I am on T-Mobile, no contract, just paid half of my phone installment down. Unlimited calls/messaging and 2GB's data for $70 including tax. 

Valued Contributor
juggalo9er

DaBears wrote:

I am on T-Mobile, no contract, just paid half of my phone installment down. Unlimited calls/messaging and 2GB's data for $70 including tax. 

2 lines?

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart 300 lowes 500 cap 1 2000 Barclay rewards 800 upromise 800
Indiana Members Platinum Visa $10,000 forum credit union mastercard 12,000, forum 7.24% 2,500
lender pull Equifax 674 Transunion 674 Isaac 698
24 months post chapter 7 discharge starting mid score was a 557
as of 12/25 Equifax 698 tu 696 Isaac 712!
Frequent Contributor
Stralem

AT&T. Mainly because I get a discount for working at & being a student of my university.

Moving to T-Mobile would be too much of a hassle right now. We'll see how they are when my contract is up.

なかなかいいコレクションだよな~
Senior Contributor
Open123

Basically, here's how it works.

1)  If you switch, T-Mobile will pay for your ETFs up to $350 per line for up to 5 lines.

2)  You *must* trade in your existing smart phone, and buy one of theirs.

3)  Chose one of their plans (best pricing I've ever seen), which has no contract.

To receive the ETFs, you must submit a final bill with the amount, and they'll send a MC Prepaid card for the entire amount.  For areas with excellent coverage and service, I'd say this is a compelling proposition.

For me, I'm going to look into switching.  

Established Contributor
killer_queen229

I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint.. was tired of their crap and the really bad service. Had T-mobile from 2008-2013.. I breached my contract and switched to Sprint.. they give me employee discount on my bill (cause my job is enrolled) and I got the iPhone 4s for free for switching carriers and I got to keep my phone number. So in all I paid about $50 for taxes, screen protector and phone case. :smileyhappy: My bill is about $5 less than I had with T-Mobile. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+