cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card gives you the most ATTENTION ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card gives you the most ATTENTION ?

Which one of the cards gives you the most attention .... When you take out your Platinum American Express out of your wallet  or when you hand over your Chase Sapphire to your waiter or cashier to swipe Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Which card gives you the most ATTENTION ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Which one of the cards gives you the most attention .... When you take out your Platinum American Express out of your wallet  or when you hand over your Chase Sapphire to your waiter or cashier to swipe Smiley Happy

Almost without fail, the Discover card (one of the variants). Both the mixtape and the pride cards never cease to get attention.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Sears card.. cause that cashier chick wants it

Message 3 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ritz by far because not much out there weighs more than it!

but I don't even carry it or use it anymore (besides our trip this week)

Otherwise, I would say my Stratos card got more attention than even the Ritz did because you tap it and no one has seen something like it before.

Message 4 of 34
red259
Super Contributor

This thread comes up every couple of months. Probably the most comments have been for the CSP. The most frustration has been the citi prestige because the stripe is on the front and people can't figure out how to swipe it. Sooo annoying that the card is designed that way. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 34
medo
Frequent Contributor

Same here with the Ritz - although I'm a bit over it.  Most times, I do not feel like acknowledging that 'yes, it is a heavy card'.  I've SD'd the card and plan to use the $300 incidents for next year then cancel it before the AF hits.

Besides the Ritz, my CSP is next in line, which is better since more people have this card in Seattle, so there is not a shock factor since cashiers have likely seen it before.

Message 6 of 34
Guinness
Contributor

My Ritz card its so heavy Smiley Happy  My Citi Prestige because no one knows how to swipe it Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 34
yfan
Valued Contributor

Well, attention does not have to equal admiration, does it? Smiley Tongue

I have neither the Amex Platinum nor the CSP, but people seem to like my Discover card (the New York skyline design), Amex BCE (I think it's because of the clear design) and actually, the Amazon Visa Signature - the lime green design is very attractive.

Message 8 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Probably really depends on the part of the country/city you live in.. Big cities no card probably gets any wow factors as most places people visit have seen it before, now small towns that is a different story.  Only card of my signature that has got anything is the CSP as people think you gotta be wealthly or something to have it, which as most of know is far from the case.

Message 9 of 34
onstar
Established Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

My Ritz card its so heavy Smiley Happy  My Citi Prestige because no one knows how to swipe it Smiley LOL

The Prestige belongs in all thsee categories:

Most attention

Most annoying

Most interesting

Most rewarding

Most confusing

Most awesome

Most awful

I don't take mine anywhere anymore unless I'm traveling. For airport lounge, car rental, etc.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.