Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which coast would you live on???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which coast would you live on???

Hi Everyone,

If you were to name one or two of your favorite thing(s) about living on the east/west coast, the midwest or the south. What would be? For example, is it the weather, food, people,etc

I enjoy living on the east coast b/c you get to enjoy all 4 seasons. Depending where on the east coast the winters are not that too bad...lol

I also like that there is so much to do....like amusement parks( Great Adventures, Coney Island,Dorney Park,etc) Atlantic City Shore line, New York City, Philadelphia, Boston....

What about you?
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which coast would you live on???

East coast here.

Definitely agree with you on enjoying all 4 seasons! Also the beaches are great. It's nice being able to drive to the beach for the weekend.

Also, I'm from Northern Virginia (Not to be mistaken with Southern Virginia), so I love the intellectual atmosphere we've got being so close to D.C.

And finally, proximity to beaches is great. Memorial Day weekend I'm driving down to North Carolina to go to the beach.
Message 2 of 38
cobra19
Valued Contributor

east coast........specifically, northeast. Summer evenings at Yankee Stadium and Fall/Winter Sundays at the Meadowlands (Giants Stadium) watching the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION, NY Giants. The Eli era has begun.

Oh, yeah, and the other stuff too. You know, museums, lincoln center, etc. The artsy fartsy stuff.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 38
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

East coast... just nicer.
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 4 of 38
marty56
Super Contributor

West coast would be Alaska.  East coast would be Maine/Long Island.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 38
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Where are all of the West Coast residents in this thread?! Too many people from the East Coast posting...Smiley Wink

I live in Orange County and honestly couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I know, I know, we don't have seasons. And a single drop of water from the sky causes mass accidents and Storm Watch media blitzes. Are changes of season all that great? I like the fact that the weather is almost always the same. Snow and rain? I'll pass! And when it's under 70 degrees, everyone puts on their winter jackets and scarves and beanies.

Add in the beach a couple times a week. And that you can go practically all year long, and you can't beat it. The shopping is outstanding, and our museums and theaters are catching up to those on the East Coast as well.

One last thing I love about living here is the diversity. There are people from all over the world, and they bring their food with them! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 38
demi
Established Contributor

Lived in the Monterey area for 20 years, can't imagine anywhere more beautiful than the west coast.  I have only been back east once, so most of my knowledge is based on photos, etc.  But, while the coastal area of California may not have the "Seasons" they have on the east, you can drive 3 1/2 hours and go skiing, and where I live now in California, definate seasons.  I guess I am literally thinking "Coast",  and so think of the geology and forest.  West coast I think redwoods, monterey cypress, craggy cliffs, Washington and Oregon trees.  East coast I think dune landscape, which is beautiful as well...and I realize this may be total sterotyping.

But, I can travel from Lake Tahoe to San Francisco in less than 4 hours, and travel thru some pretty amazing places during the trip.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 38
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

North of Mombassa on the Indian Ocean if I had to live on a coast  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 38
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Are you kidding me?  Come on down to the Gulf Coast!! 
Message 9 of 38
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I live Hawaii and we are the most isolated place in the world. If had to live on the Mainland, I would choose the Gulf Coast, only because the water is consistently warm.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.