cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which five cards would you carry with you if you were me, and why?

tag
shniku
Valued Member

Which five cards would you carry with you if you were me, and why?

My wallet has only 6 card slots, and I need one for my license, so I can only carry 5 credit cards in it. Right now, I'm carrying these:

Out of all the cards I have, which cards would you guys carry, and why?

Sorry shniku,

Pictures of personal cards are not allowed - MarineVietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

Re: Which five cards would you carry with you if you were me, and why?

Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Business Ink Bold are dominating all other cards right now. 

Chase Freedom for under $10 purchases

Amex Platinum for benefits and places that only take Amex

For the 5th slot either use:

JPM Palladium if you want to show off (useless in terms of perks)

or 

Amex Business card (if you need one for business purposes)

Message 2 of 18
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

Chase Hyatt / Amex SPG is an option for hotel stays

Amex Premier Rewards Gold (personal or business) to book flights 

Message 3 of 18
shniku
Valued Member

This forum used to be fun when the mods didn't take down your thread two minutes after you post it. Now, they are just a waste of time since mods seem to take down everything I post.

Message 4 of 18
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i would have put the same thread in credit cards as well

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@shniku wrote:

This forum used to be fun when the mods didn't take down your thread two minutes after you post it. Now, they are just a waste of time since mods seem to take down everything I post.

When you first posted your CC pics post, I was able to pull off your full name, your company name (many were biz CCs), and your expiration dates. Give me 10 more minutes and I could have your CC numbers in hand too.

That's why these forums have come down hard on posting your CC pics.

Message 6 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Depends on your spending habits. I have 7 cards but could really get by with 3: Amex BCP, Chase Freedom & Citi Diamond Preferred.

I have a Citi Cash returns but it doesn't have the consierge, otherwise I'd swap it in there. The conceirge service isn't awesome, like I'd get with an Amex, but it's not a feature that would be used often enough to justify paying an AF or getting a 3rd Amex.

Keep the other two slots free so your cards have breathing room. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@shniku wrote:

It was decided several months ago that because of security concerns the posting of personal cards would not be allowed. More and more posters were becoming lax about leaving private information (Full names, account numbers, etc.) showing and it was getting harder and harder to keep up with.

And then someone would come up with "My card is bigger and badder and prettier and fancier than yours". It got to be just silliness with no valid information being exchanged.

ETA: Out typed by llecs.

Message 8 of 18
shniku
Valued Member

I did but some mod moved it. I guess they do those things to feel important. It is imperative to them to police online criminals like me that break the laws of the MyFico land that the MyFico Congress passed.

Message 9 of 18
shniku
Valued Member

The company name and my name should not help anybody find the numbers.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.