cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which five cards would you carry with you if you were me, and why?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which five cards would you carry with you if you were me, and why?

@shniku wrote:

I did but some mod moved it. I guess they do those things to feel important. It is imperative to them to police online criminals like me that break the laws of the MyFico land that the MyFico Congress passed.

We do these things to protect users like you who make the mistake and post their information.

Message 11 of 18
shniku
Valued Member

I understand the reason and it does benefit people if they somehow make a mistake and upload photos with information that could lead to criminals stealing their identity. 

I just feel that MyFico mods are so good at taking down threads, that if somebody happens to make a mistake and upload a pic with their credit card number, the mods will get to it faster than the identity thief.

Message 12 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@shniku wrote:

Unless you list your cards, this thread makes no sense.

Message 13 of 18
android01
Valued Contributor

@shniku wrote:

I understand the reason and it does benefit people if they somehow make a mistake and upload photos with information that could lead to criminals stealing their identity. 

I just feel that MyFico mods are so good at taking down threads, that if somebody happens to make a mistake and upload a pic with their credit card number, the mods will get to it faster than the identity thief.

I would think that you'd be greatful for that.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 14 of 18
adavis425
Established Contributor

@shniku wrote:

The company name and my name should not help anybody find the numbers.

You would be very surprised. That's enough to find quite a bit of info about you. You should be glad it was deleted.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 15 of 18
marty56
Super Contributor

1 Bill Gate's, 1 Mark Zuckerberg's, 1 Mister Wonderful (from Shark Tank), and 2 Mark Cuban's (extra one since he owns the mavericks and I am in San Antonio)

Seriously I would carry a gas card, an ATM debit card, a cash point mastercard/visa, sams club, and my favorite store card.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 16 of 18
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Ah, the entitled.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 17 of 18
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i think what he ment by gettinf your name and company name was that if you saved it in photo shop it saves all layers so one can go in and remove the layers and get your info. you would need to save it as a JPG and then upload it to a photo sharing site and resave it and i dont think the layers would be there

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.