Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else is getting metal Platinum?

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Who else is getting metal Platinum?

@Anonymous wrote:
All my cards have chips but i will not have a contactless card due to security issues.

"Security issues"? Please list the security flaws you have found, with detailed steps to reproduce them, in the EMVco contactless payment specifications.

Contactless simply does not have these imagined security issues people have, and it has some major security advantages - since the card physically stays in your hand, it can't be captured (it is for this reason some countries are implementing contactless ATMs).

Contactless also has privacy advantages. Because it is possible for someone to read a contactless card by brushing past you (that part is true, but irrelevant), sensitive personal information is not included on the contactless interface. Specifically, cardholder name is replaced by a generic value (either blank or something along the lines of "Valued Cardholder"). 

This lack of personal information also extends to what shops get - when you pay with contactless, shops don't know your name. With contact chip or swipe they do. This is why big chains like Walmart, Target, and CVS are refusing to allow contactless in the US - they want this information.

In short, contactless is just as secure as contact chip and gives you additional privacy protections, convenience, and speed. What's not to love about that?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 11 of 14
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

One more day! lol

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

One more day! lol

Yes! Tomorrow is the day, it's finally here LOL. Calling in first thing tomorrow morning, or maybe I should use the chat feature? hmmmmm

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im ordering one for my AUs and myself.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.